Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Scandalman

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill

Scandalman

In the nominations list for Woodlands Stud Great Northern Derby at Auckland

Banned Colt Old Frank will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Interesting, when is the date of that derby? How close to his home NSW version?

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Not a fan. Saw him lead up and lay down on Miracle Mile night. I don't think he's the real deal.

Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post

Not a fan. Saw him lead up and lay down on Miracle Mile night. I don't think he's the real deal.
    I think he's personally aiming a bit high if they go, but he's not a bad little horse. I think the original owner whom I'm sure I read passed away was from NZ and his family still race the horse so I assume that's why their looking at that race.

He's good enough for them to keep having fun with. Won't be a future GC star, but good enough to get to M5-M6 next to his name by the time he's finished.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    That's fair comment Nathan.
    I was very surprised by how well he went in VIC.
    I'd have bet London to a brick that if he led he would have been the first one beaten.

Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    The breather in the middle helped him there and he found the top that night pretty easy.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    I think you guys are very harsh. i think Scandalman is an excellent stayer. Will be interesting to see how he goes over in NZ. The 3 other main chances would be Ideal Scott(who ran 2nd in the Vic derby), Smolda(who is the best NZ 3yo so far this season) and my boy Fly Like An Eagle who has yet to race since having knee chips removed but has trialled very well

Should be a great race

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Frank View Post
    Interesting, when is the date of that derby? How close to his home NSW version?
    Heats are ID Grand Final night 2 March.
    Final Auck Cup night March 9

Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    I think you guys are very harsh. i think Scandalman is an excellent stayer. Will be interesting to see how he goes over in NZ. The 3 other main chances would be Ideal Scott(who ran 2nd in the Vic derby), Smolda(who is the best NZ 3yo so far this season) and my boy Fly Like An Eagle who has yet to race since having knee chips removed but has trialled very well

Should be a great race
    i'm sorry Harvey, me calling the horse a nice horse is not good enough for you and is being "very harsh"?

Saying that I think he'll be an M5-M6 is being "very harsh"? 90% of owners would chew their arms off for a nice M5-M6 horse.

Silly me though, you know better and keep self-plugging your horse!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Having a bad day Nathan?? I cant see what I said that would warrant such a response from you...

You said "I think he's personally aiming a bit high if they go, but he's not a bad little horse."

The horse is a last start Vic derby winner! I think you are underestimating the horse's ability

PS - i dont own Fly Like An Eagle. I just bred him!

+ Reply to Thread