Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Scandalman

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    The two Derby heats are both interesting contests. Smolda and Scandalman in one heat and Fly Like an Eagle and Ideal Scott in the other. Hard to see any of the others winning either of the heats. Bit of a shame that neither Raging Bull or Beach Bunny are there as they are both high class 3yr olds and the heats are lacking quality outside of the four mentioned above

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Texican in the 1st heat is also a very nice horse

Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Texican was very good in the spring but very disappointing up against Smolda and Raging Bull at Xmas in Auckland. Has won 3 on end since resuming but raced nothing close to the class he will face on Friday. Also didnt seem that comfortable Auckland way round last time so cant see him having the ringcraft to beat Smolda and co in the Derby on Friday week. But as we all know Harvey, horses love to prove you wrong

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Viv i agree with you. I think they are clearly the top 4 chances, although I know which one Im hoping for!!

Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    The Eagle is a big chance Harvey. Trialled super before going north. You would think he would need the run this week but should be cherry ripe come Derby time

mark diegutis
    Scandalman came in 3rd to Smolda & Lets Elope in first heat .
    Ideal Scott beat Best Deal Yet & Besotted in 2nd heat .

Member Yearling bbd will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Colin Douglass
    I have a question for you experts. Why do they run heats for a derby over 2200m as they did in Auckland, for a final over 2700?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Very impressive tonight and should improve on the run, Fly Like An Eagle also o'k without being busted.
    Did someone tell the leader and outside leader in the second heat their was a brown snake on the bend ?
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Very impressive tonight and should improve on the run, Fly Like An Eagle also o'k without being busted.
    Did someone tell the leader and outside leader in the second heat their was a brown snake on the bend ?
    Hey Greg, stewards report noted the leader reacted when the deafeners were pulled. But I can't quite work out what driver is doing with his right hand and looking back to the inside midway through the last corner as it drifted off.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    Hey Greg, stewards report noted the leader reacted when the deafeners were pulled. But I can't quite work out what driver is doing with his right hand and looking back to the inside midway through the last corner as it drifted off.
    I guess he was watching the trailing horse coming up his inside. (Ideal Scott) Apparently going very keenly came through b4 there was sufficient room, having to be slightly restrained and went a bit rough. That from the driver of Ideal Scott.

+ Reply to Thread