Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Scandalman

Banned Colt Old Frank will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    No Harvey, had a great day thanks, I just don't rate the horse as highly as you obviously do.

He's a nice 3yo who got a easy run in the Derby. Leading brings so many advantages and that night everything came together for him. What he did that night was only what I expect any of 6-7 good 3yr olds to do if given the same run.

In my opinion, he's no Sushi Sushi, nor Lombo Pocket Watch so it'd be a task going there when you could focus on NSW and even QLD.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    I personally like the horse and think he may get stronger the older he get's. Vic Derby pretty fair feather in your bow this early stage of a career.Congratulation's for taking him to NZ a real nice gesture to race at home in honour of his late owner, well done and i hope he goes well.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post

I personally like the horse and think he may get stronger the older he get's. Vic Derby pretty fair feather in your bow this early stage of a career.Congratulation's for taking him to NZ a real nice gesture to race at home in honour of his late owner, well done and i hope he goes well.

Your right Greg there, it is a lovely gesture regarding honouring the late owner, nice touch on Wilson's part.

All I'm saying though overall on the horse is, I think he's a nice 3yr old in amongest the group and he did a great job on the night to win the Vic. Derby. I've seen horse like Bella's Boy win Vic. Derbies and they didn't turn out to be anything.

Scandalman will be a lot of fun for his owners and in my opinion, will have no problems winning through his grades to M5-M6 class which in this day and age, is still a great effort. Being a good quality 3yr doesn't automatically buy you a future GC spot per say'.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Some people don't believe what they see, last mile in Vic Derby 1:55.4 (that was off a slow 32.2 first quarter), mile rate 1:57.5. Was the the run of the heats the week before, did all the work in the race, and the leader (Restrepo) ran it's last mile in 1:55.2, he was beaten only 5 metres. (Just ask Bill Hutchinson, he made the comment on Sky)
    They were his last 2 runs, so form stacks up!
    If you have a leader that can run such solid time like this, why wouldn't you take him??? He will take running down in any race ( if he gets one easy quarter, it could be game, set, match), if he gets the barrier to lead, but he doesn't have to.

Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post

Some people don't believe what they see, last mile in Vic Derby 1:55.4 (that was off a slow 32.2 first quarter), mile rate 1:57.5. Was the the run of the heats the week before, did all the work in the race, and the leader (Restrepo) ran it's last mile in 1:55.2, he was beaten only 5 metres. (Just ask Bill Hutchinson, he made the comment on Sky)
    They were his last 2 runs, so form stacks up!

If you have a leader that can run such solid time like this, why wouldn't you take him??? He will take running down in any race ( if he gets one easy quarter, it could be game, set, match), if he gets the barrier to lead, but he doesn't have to.

I'm happy to be proven wrong and if he goes and wins over there, I'd be more than happy to say congratulations. The horse has done/is doing a great job for connections and if he goes on to bigger and better things, that'll be fantastic also.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Frank View Post
    Your right Greg there, it is a lovely gesture regarding honouring the late owner, nice touch on Wilson's part.

All I'm saying though overall on the horse is, I think he's a nice 3yr old in amongest the group and he did a great job on the night to win the Vic. Derby. I've seen horse like Bella's Boy win Vic. Derbies and they didn't turn out to be anything.

Scandalman will be a lot of fun for his owners and in my opinion, will have no problems winning through his grades to M5-M6 class which in this day and age, is still a great effort. Being a good quality 3yr doesn't automatically buy you a future GC spot per say'.
    I agree, he is a very good 3YO, GC contender, is a long way down the track. At the moment, the NZ Derby is a good mission, The $135,000 prizemoney from the VIC Derby would have been very nice!
    Actually, it appears we have a very even lot of good 3YO's. There doesn't appear to be one very tough staying type, results are mostly dictated too by the barrier draw, or a bit of extra luck in running. In the Vic Derby, leader/behind the leader won all heats and the final !!!

Member Gelding Lenem will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lenny Bagle
    Can't do more than win but far from a vintage Derby field.

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    For some reason he doesnt run his best races at Menangle but on any other track he is as good as any 3yo going around. His 2 runs in Victoria were amazing. Credit where credit is due and this horse deserves credit!

I think he is right up to Smolda who is the best performed 3yo in NZ. Already proven he can beat Ideal Scott and Fly Like An Eagle is yet to prove himself at 3, although he was one of the best 2yo's last season.

They had have NZ on the radar the whole time, I remember reading an article last year in which they stated they would target Derbies in Aust & NZ as he is not eligible for the futurity races.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Race 6 [8:25pm] WOODLANDS STUD NORTHERN DERBY HEAT 1 MOBILE PACE $25,000, 3YO, 2200m Racebook Gear First nominations with a payment of $125.00 (GST Inclusive) close on Friday 17 February 2012 at 11.00am.A late nomination provision applies.A late nomination payment of $2875.00 (GST Inclusive) must be made by 11.00am Saturday 3 March 2012.The first five placed runners in each heat gain automatic selection for the Derby Final to be run on Friday 9 March 2012 with the balance of the field including ballots selected by the ATC from the nominated horses.No horse which gains a start in the Final may start in any other race on Friday 9 March 2012.The winner of the Pascoes Northern Oaks will be guaranteed a start in the Derby Final if nominated with any late nomination fee if applicable to be paid by the ATC.BookFormAgeSex Name WinsDrawHdcp Trainer 13111113g Smolda 5 (3) 1Front M Purdon & G R Payne 21165643g Lets Elope 4 (2) 2Front F D Cooney 3126113g Your Good Fortune 3 (2) 3Front M Purdon & G R Payne 41620883c Bettor Reason 14Front R E & Mrs P N Fensom 51213213c Scandalman 9 (4) 5Front I C Wilson 67741113g Texican 7 (3) 6Front C T Dalgety 74623553c Alberto Contador 2 (1) 7Front M Purdon & G R Payne 81205173g Smo 3 (2) 8Front B Purdon

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Shaping up to be a good one
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

+ Reply to Thread