Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are they now???

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by kaybee View Post
    Yes lives in Perth now and funny thing is he was a maniac on caourse but a nice bloke to have abeer with at the pub.
    That's great, at least he is still out there in the wild. He was like most of us, hated doing our money! To be honest, I had a number of intelligent conversations with him, he was just a character!

Anybody else looking to find out what is happening with one of their "mates" from the past.
    C'mon, someone must know where "Parramatta Tony" is, he used to carry his binoculars everywhere, I think at some stage he was the "self inducted" stable foreman for Mr P Morris..... everybody from Fairfield would know him. He too, would give a speech if something he backed was "slaughtered".

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    Hi Jaimie,

You might be referring to Fred Rowley perhaps....Short older guy....Always calling races or was seen at the thursday provincials walking up and down the ring yelling to the bookies..."Rosehill Saturday 8 races the first at 12.50" over and over...lol
    Ray Conroy the legendary Harness caller once said Fred was underneath his box at Fairfield one night and Ray yelled out to Fred that he had a sore throat what does he recommend and quick as a flash he retorted ä razor blade".....

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Yes Fred, that's who i was thinking of, when I said his name was "Freddy".....didn't he come and pester you at Richmond?
    Hey Fred, a mate of mine said that he was playing golf with you a couple of months ago, and in conversation said that you had stuffed up the names of the horses in a race at Menangle............the next time you played, you told hime that you had gone and checked the tape and their was no mistakes........I think he got you!!

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    Yes Fred, that's who i was thinking of, when I said his name was "Freddy".....didn't he come and pester you at Richmond?
    Hey Fred, a mate of mine said that he was playing golf with you a couple of months ago, and in conversation said that you had stuffed up the names of the horses in a race at Menangle............the next time you played, you told hime that you had gone and checked the tape and their was no mistakes........I think he got you!!
    Off topic but just down the road from Menangle, Glen Alpine/Campbelltown Golf Course is an excellent course to play for any interested.

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    He probably did Steve.... Lol...
    Funny you mentioned that Brendan as I went past that course today and thought I should have a hit there.... Trouble is mate I do struggle with my handicap, which is playing in the first place.... Just like getting out and having a go...

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by doinmabest View Post
    He probably did Steve.... Lol...
    Funny you mentioned that Brendan as I went past that course today and thought I should have a hit there.... Trouble is mate I do struggle with my handicap, which is playing in the first place.... Just like getting out and having a go...
    At least it shows you are a professional Fred!

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Fred, you must have come across "Parramatta Tony" in your travels? He had an ungainly gait and used to throw his head around......P Morris would know him!
    Last edited by Triple V; 02-21-2012 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Shit, sorry Steve...hit edit instead of reply.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    Fred, you must have come across "Parramatta Tony" in your travels? He had an ungainly gait and used to throw his head around......P Morris would know him!
    He had an undercheck and spreaders on then?

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    He also used to hang a bit when he was running to the tote!

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    .........and a lugging pole????

+ Reply to Thread