Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Where are they now???

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    Fred, you must have come across "Parramatta Tony" in your travels? He had an ungainly gait and used to throw his head around......P Morris would know him!
    [VVV] You're not talking about the fella that was said to be Roger Neighbour's brother are you Steve?

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    What about the guy known as Photos... Such called because he would swipe the photo prints from the display board...his real name was neil.... Some clubs hired him as a judges runner.... (I know Richmond Dogs did) his last name may of been Carter...

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Roger Neubauer's brother is "Trotting Tony", one of the biggest punters of his day! He was not "Parramatta Tony".

Just found this post by a triplev123, that is not the previous alias for the Triple V is it

triplev123
    Guest Originally Posted by tiny
    My guess is Roger neighbor he's on the pension.

[VVV] He'd certainly be getting on a bit.
    Roger would be sporting a Zimmer Frame by now wouldn't he?

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    No Fred, Tony was just a punter who as Triple says "had one oar not quite touching the water", he carried a pair of binoculars everywhere as his sight was not the best, he was very skinny, but loved racing from when he was a small kid.......he went to the same high school as me, and we would get him up the back of the playground to call his famous greyhound races.......which "Ragsie" always won (1972 - NSW Greyhound of the year) coming from last. I would always yell I'll have a $100 on Ragsie.
    I would often see him walking to meetings at Fairfield and give him a lift to the track and drop him home. Do you know there used to be a free bus to Fairfield trots from the station!! I really can't believe Fairfield is not racing regularly these days!
    I would just like to know he is still around and is alright.

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    I will do some homework mate and get back to you

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Thanks, Fred....P Morris might know, he might even tell you a yarn or two about "Parra".

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Someone mentioned on another thread that we should add the "Colgate Kid" to our missing persons list...........any info on his wherabouts?.........c'mon Sam write in...........

Banned Colt Old Frank will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Through my business activities, I actually see Roger Nebauer some 2-3times a week and we always have a quick hello / chat and I can assure he is in good health and spirits and enjoying life very much out of Harness Racing.
    Last edited by Old Frank; 02-22-2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    I wonder if he gets to the local TAB for a punt!

Banned Yearling TSW will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tim Watson
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    Would like to start a thread to find out what has happened to certain "characters" from harness racing are doing now?

Has anyone seen "Parramatta Tony", I have not been to a meeting in a while, so I don't know if he is still going? Can anyone update?
    Parramatta Tony can often be found at Wentworth Park Dogs on a Saturday night. No idea what other race meetings he goes too. Old Parra was a great fan of Max Presnell and if you sat near him at the races you would see him watching the race through his binoculars and he would quietly call the race also. He hasn't changed in 35 years since I first met him except for some greying hairs

+ Reply to Thread