Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: G HALL Jnr driving style

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh

G HALL Jnr driving style

So whats everbodys opinion of this mans pushout technique which is an obvious habit?

Apparently after a lengthy inquiry with stewards he has been cleared to drive Fri, but you cant tell me when he pushed Dasher VC out of the way, that that horse wasnt travelling well.
    Dasher wasnt struggling, he wasnt under the whip, and yet Hall pushes him out of the way, checks and contacts the horses legs with his sulky, causes it to skip/gallop for a stride or 2, Dasher loses 2 lengths at least and instead of running maybe a closeish 2nd or 3rd??? he runs 5th, costing him prizemoney costing him ID points, and MORE IMPORTANTLY potentially injuring a damn good horse.
    If that doesnt deserve a holiday ill go jump.
    If you havent already got the idea, i dont like the guy.
    Yes he was on the favourite and he had to do his best to win for the owners and punters, but its how you do it. Did Anthony Butt push out and interfere with any horse last week on Raglan when he stayed in and got boxed in, no, did he win, no, did he maintain his credibilty, yes.

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Dasher VC was going well I thought. How exactly does Lewis keep Hall boxed in without causing severe interference. Once the inside horse begins to push out, usually the horse further inside begins to roll out as well. Vacated positions get filled. It could of been carnage and Hall should get time for it.

That said, I'm sure it's not the first time Hall has given Lewis the shove. I'm surprised Lewis didn't drive accordingly by hooking a little wider sooner. That would of been interesting.

I caught the Red Eye back to Sydney after last nights races. I'm flying back on Friday but it was a little flat last night. I hope we see a few of the fringe horses have a serious dig on Friday.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    There is no way known they'd rub out their poster boy. I too am not a big fan of G. Hall, but i'm more annoyed at the stewards for not having the balls to rub out someone who deserves to be rubbed out. I'm pretty sure too that Butt would have got out too if he had have known you get away with it.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    OK, there is one other question here..........Why didn't Chris Lewis put in a protest against ITMQ & G Hall.......now that would have been interesting!

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    The specifics of that incident aside (which I didn't see), I think Jnr.'s the best 'instinct driver' there is going around right now & one of the best that I've ever seen. He is at his best when he simply reacts to race circumstances. In that respect he reminds me so much of US Hall Of Famer, Ron Pierce.
    I think that's a very large slice of the reason why ITMQ & Jnr. have been such a formidable combination. Regardless of how things might line up at the draw and then turn out in a race, the horse has the tactical high speed to enable him to win from just about anywhere and Jnr. has the gut instincts to pull the trigger at just the right time.

Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    OK, there is one other question here..........Why didn't Chris Lewis put in a protest against ITMQ & G Hall.......now that would have been interesting!
    because the stewards would of fined him for doing so.

Anyone here old enough to remember Two Under (Vin Knight) being relegated from 1st to 8th or worse for causing interference to one of the Kiwi wonder horses. 25-1 he was, I'm still hurting : )

Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    The specifics of that incident aside (which I didn't see), I think Jnr.'s the best 'instinct driver' there is going around right now & one of the best that I've ever seen. He is at his best when he simply reacts to race circumstances. In that respect he reminds me so much of US Hall Of Famer, Ron Pierce.
    I think that's a very large slice of the reason why ITMQ & Jnr. have been such a formidable combination. Regardless of how things might line up at the draw and then turn out in a race, the horse has the tactical high speed to enable him to win from just about anywhere and Jnr. has the gut instincts to pull the trigger at just the right time.
    One out One back in a crawl, stays in the 1-1 on a 1-10 Fav. That's insane not instinct. If only Lewis had got a wheels length on him to his outside. Hall would have 6 months to iron himself out. Nose to Nose the outside horse has zero shot of holding their line without knocking over three or four. Harness Racing at it's ugliest when horses stay in looking to force out a couple of hundred metres later.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    This is a serious race, prizemoney and stature.............possibly miss out on a place in the final............so is it OK to protest if you run 2nd or 3rd, but not if you finish further back..........as people have stated earlier........the golden boy from WA lives to fight another day! If you drive a horse witha sit, then this situation is always going to happen........when the incident happened Dasher VC was outside ITMQ and only about a neck behind.....can't seem to warrant being allowed to push out!

Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Now that the stewards have turned a blind eye to it, it could be demolition Derby at Gloucester Park on Friday night. The precedence has been set, do what you like Chaps !!

Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Comparing Hall Jr to Ron Pierce, that's a gem : ) Having spent the better part of the last 3 years in the States I can 100% guarantee you, that you'd never find Pierce asleep at the wheel in a 8-10K Claimer let alone in a heat of the Meadowlands Pace, BC or Hambo. I was chatting to a guy last night at the track that told me that Hall Jr had been suspended twice in the last year or so for misjudging the distance of races.

+ Reply to Thread