Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: G HALL Jnr driving style

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    You seem have gone all quiet there HP. I trust you are not feeling poorly.

Have you seen two better drives than Jrn's efforts with Gracias Para Nada (sp?) and of course, Imthemightyquinn. Outstanding.
    Not quite, I was on Gracia Para Nada. I couldn't believe the odds he got out too.

Quite a few weeks before the Inters kicked off I started a thread asking if guys were supporting anything at longers odds. In it, I made the case for Lombo Navigator initially @ 151 & 38.5 then 126 & 31.

You'll also find numerous posts from last week where I on a few occasions posted that I'd stepped in with further support for Lombo Navigator @ 101 & 16.

I made three trips to Perth for the series. Navigator's 3rd covered it tenfold +.

I caught the red eye back and headed out to Menangle on Saturday night. Atmosphere wise from the Penthouse to the Outhouse : )

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Thumbs up

Good horse. Beautifully handled throughout the Series.
    I was hoping for good things to happen for Lombo Navigator, mostly because of a tenuous connection to Andrew De Campo. He is friends with some friends of ours in WA & during the Tassie ID Carnival of a few years back now Andrew drove and duly won very well with a then 3yo that we had. A nicer fella you'd be pretty hard pressed to find. He and his driver did a great job I thought.

Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Good horse. Beautifully handled throughout the Series.
    I was hoping for good things to happen for Lombo Navigator, mostly because of a tenuous connection to Andrew De Campo. He is friends with some friends of ours in WA & during the Tassie ID Carnival of a few years back now Andrew drove and duly won very well with a then 3yo that we had. A nicer fella you'd be pretty hard pressed to find. He and his driver did a great job I thought.
    A great training performance after a shocker on night one and a fantastic drive, clean too. He only needed a neck more to his outside and he would of had sufficient room to force MMM a further horse wider and he was clear at the 400. The difference between winning comfortably and a luckless 3rd. A great result though.

I got to get a look at the stewards report. The interference at turn one was severe. The Justice boys got their tactics completely wrong, a real choke job IMO. It took care of Mr Feelgood, he could easily of hit the deck. I thought he looked a little worse for wear after the race. That might be it for him ?

Will Justice get any time for it ?

Real Name
    Robert Parker
    MR FEELGOOD (John McCarthy) – Tightened, contacted and broke gait racing towards the back straight on the first occasion. A post race veterinary examination revealed the horse to have minor lacerations to the off fore leg and minor filling to the off hind leg. Acting on veterinary advice no action was taken.

SMOKEN UP (John Justice ) – Racing towards the back straight on the first occasion contacted the sulky with its off hind leg. As a result the gelding hung inwards, despite the efforts of its driver, checking another runner before breaking gait.

Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Parker View Post
    MR FEELGOOD (John McCarthy) – Tightened, contacted and broke gait racing towards the back straight on the first occasion. A post race veterinary examination revealed the horse to have minor lacerations to the off fore leg and minor filling to the off hind leg. Acting on veterinary advice no action was taken.

SMOKEN UP (John Justice ) – Racing towards the back straight on the first occasion contacted the sulky with its off hind leg. As a result the gelding hung inwards, despite the efforts of its driver, checking another runner before breaking gait.
    Looks like the horse got the blame for the choke job. The next time I get a traffic violation I'll try and blame it on the light going red before I wanted it to : )

Junior Member Foal spider will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Matthew Spurr
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    I did not dismiss a master, I think BPH spoke more about ITMQ's ability than anything else........to have such sheer speed and acceleration is what makes a great horse, and he appreciated that in ITMQ, because his training methods were always to develop the speed in his horses and hopefully, they would develop toughness with maturity.......I don't know what he used to think of old Bundanoon as it was more of a stayer than a sprinter! BPH also said "His sheer speed is amazing. You win nine out of 10 race with that speed," .....that's the point not 10/10 but 9/10!
    At the time of the race, BPH may not have known the sectionals that were being run upfront, but they were not fast, but the horse overcome the obstacles and ITMQ won the race........thank goodness!..............you mention about my skill to see everything that didn't happen is amazing!...........please let me know where my observation of the race is not accurate.......as I pride myself on accuracy more than anything else, BPH maybe one of the greatest drivers of all time, but he doesn't spend the time doing the form analysis of horses that I do!...........I maybe a little harsh in my comments, but I don't think so, as SNR & JNR both indicated they had a leg on the field.............JNR did not drive that way.........he may have been a little too cute.......it could have cost him the race!.......I still believe my analysis of the race is correct!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your expertise is still amazes me
    Now it's time to be real, your posts already tell me that you are a lounge chair legend
    BHP has sat where Hall jnr has sat thousands of times yet you have the audacity to question his analysis compared to yours
    You crawl your way through a dictionary of words and metres of paragraphs just to show what an expert you really are.
    The great man (who incidentally has discarded more knowledge on driving than you could ever imagine) can asess or analize this race in the blink of an eye uses just one line.
    " The kid outsmarted them "
    Don't try and tell me he didn't see all the irrelevant shit you try and use to back up a ridiculous staement

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    Your expertise is still amazes me
    Now it's time to be real, your posts already tell me that you are a lounge chair legend
    BHP has sat where Hall jnr has sat thousands of times yet you have the audacity to question his analysis compared to yours
    You crawl your way through a dictionary of words and metres of paragraphs just to show what an expert you really are.
    The great man (who incidentally has discarded more knowledge on driving than you could ever imagine) can asess or analize this race in the blink of an eye uses just one line.
    " The kid outsmarted them "
    Don't try and tell me he didn't see all the irrelevant shit you try and use to back up a ridiculous staement
    Do you think BPH would say that was a lucky drive, or very ordinary drive, or lucky he was driving a horse which had a lap on them........No way, he would be criticised from here to kingdom come!
    Please tell me how the kid outsmarted them...........he drew barrier 7, eased at the start, was last, except for SU who galloped at the first turn, and then was tailed off by over 50 metres, at least the kid was last on the outside!.......SU catches the field with 1000 meteres to go, and takes off immediately......the kid tries to follow him, but realises a 100 metres later that SU is gonski......so he pulls back in.........he did wait a bit longer before taking off and then was pushed off the track at the 400 metre mark by other horses making their runs........lucky ITMQ has such brilliant speed and was able to get around the other horses and take the lead into the straight and win!.......
    In his last couple of drives on ITMQ, the kid has been criticised for pushing other runners out of the way to make his run, or taking off 1000- metres from home!
    For my mental stability, please tell me how he outsmarted them????????
    To be honest I keep repeating myself........there is nothing more to say about the driver or the race etc......except that the best horse won, and that's all that counts!

Real Name
    Matthew Spurr
    Do you think BPH would say that was a lucky drive, or very ordinary drive, or lucky he was driving a horse which had a lap on them........No way, he would be criticised from here to kingdom come!
    Please tell me how the kid outsmarted them...........he drew barrier 7, eased at the start, was last, except for SU who galloped at the first turn, and then was tailed off by over 50 metres, at least the kid was last on the outside!.......SU catches the field with 1000 meteres to go, and takes off immediately......the kid tries to follow him, but realises a 100 metres later that SU is gonski......so he pulls back in.........he did wait a bit longer before taking off and then was pushed off the track at the 400 metre mark by other horses making their runs........lucky ITMQ has such brilliant speed and was able to get around the other horses and take the lead into the straight and win!.......
    In his last couple of drives on ITMQ, the kid has been criticised for pushing other runners out of the way to make his run, or taking off 1000- metres from home!
    For my mental stability, please tell me how he outsmarted them????????
    To be honest I keep repeating myself........there is nothing more to say about the driver or the race etc......except that the best horse won, and that's all that counts!
    Whoa steady there Formy just be careful if that lounge chair jumps a shadow you'll be down in a screamin heap while your still crawlin through that dictionary
    "The kid outsmarted them" your barking up the wrong tree, lay some of your logic on BPH as your scrabble of words clearly shows him to be a fool
    For your mental stability, I'm not sure, maybe ask someone who cares

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    Whoa steady there Formy just be careful if that lounge chair jumps a shadow you'll be down in a screamin heap while your still crawlin through that dictionary
    "The kid outsmarted them" your barking up the wrong tree, lay some of your logic on BPH as your scrabble of words clearly shows him to be a fool
    For your mental stability, I'm not sure, maybe ask someone who cares
    OK, let's get down to your acceptance of the situation, "the kid won the race, so therefore, he outsmarted them".........I am happy with that!.........If you fail to accept that I may have another reasonable alternative view of the circumstances........then you fail to consider their may just be another acceptable way to look at things!
    I am not running the idea that BPH is a fool, you put those words in my mouth........however, I would strongly argue that he outsmarted the other drivers! In fact, I would nearly go as far as to say, that if they put you in ITMQ's sulky with a blindfold on and pointed you in the right direction, you would have been the 2012 ID winning driver!
    When you put your hard earned money on a horse, you are entitled to an opinion!.........I may be a "lounge lizard" gambling on harness racing as you imply.........But! I put my judgement on the line everyday, and have done my research......and have my own opinion!

Real Name
    Matthew Spurr
    OK, let's get down to your acceptance of the situation, "the kid won the race, so therefore, he outsmarted them".........I am happy with that!.........If you fail to accept that I may have another reasonable alternative view of the circumstances........then you fail to consider their may just be another acceptable way to look at things!
    I am not running the idea that BPH is a fool, you put those words in my mouth........however, I would strongly argue that he outsmarted the other drivers! In fact, I would nearly go as far as to say, that if they put you in ITMQ's sulky with a blindfold on and pointed you in the right direction, you would have been the 2012 ID winning driver!
    When you put your hard earned money on a horse, you are entitled to an opinion!.........I may be a "lounge lizard" gambling on harness racing as you imply.........But! I put my judgement on the line everyday, and have done my research......and have my own opinion!
    Cheers formy I'll check the inter 2012 results in a few years time and see if anything has changed
    I don't believe any form anaylist would ever have any chance of understanding BPH statement, simply because until you have lived it you can only imagine it
    Best of luck with your punting, stay on hall jnr and you'll back a lot of winners LOL

+ Reply to Thread