Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Interdominion Format

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker

New Interdominion Format

The Trotters is done and the Pacers series is changing.

I wasn't around when it was announced. Any idea what the new format is ?

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Last edited by David Summers; 02-22-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by David Summers View Post
    Thanks mate.

They'll try and reinvent the wheel next.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Robert , last June we had quite a lively thread going with our thoughts on the new format. http://www.harnessracingforum.com/sh...rdominion+2013

I have not changed my thinking from then to now about this. I like the locked in 3 year approach , but I do not agree with the changes to the overall Interdominion format . The current three sets of heats and a final , all at the same venue , spread over a couple of weeks , is my preference.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    I'm with you David .
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    David Summers
    Thanks Greg. I must associate with the "right" crowd. I do not know anyone in my personal harness racing circle of acquaintances who is in favour of the new format.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    David and Greg i'm with you 100%

They run lead up race's for the Miracle mile and HRNSW said this was to promote Menangle and if horses want to race for great prize money then they must come and race, on the other hand they are giving away heats for the Inter go figuire.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    I don't know anyone that like's it either, imo they should change the name as it is not the Inter Dominion any more and hasn't been a true Inter for a few year's now.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    David and Greg i'm with you 100%

They run lead up race's for the Miracle mile and HRNSW said this was to promote Menangle and if horses want to race for great prize money then they must come and race, on the other hand they are giving away heats for the Inter go figuire.
    Here! here! the original format is what MAKES the ID unique, in a similar way to the Melbourne Cup. This is not the first time nor will it be the last that people come up with "brilliant ideas", consult themselves!? and foist their findings on everyone else because they have convinced themselves they are smarter than the masses!

Cheers,
    Dan

Real Name
    David Summers
    As Dallas says, I just can't see any sense at all in handing all the lead up races to clubs in other states with all the publicity that it will generate for those clubs themselves , one club after another , and then just stand back and only then stage a so-called ID grand final.

It's like Woolworths handing out unlimited free cash vouchers for their customers to do their shopping at Coles supermarkets and then saying whoever spends the most at Coles in the next month can then come to Woolworths and we will "reward" you for supporting the opposition. Crazy !!
    Last edited by David Summers; 02-22-2012 at 05:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread