Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: NSW 2yo Fillies racing opportunities. WHAT AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!!

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Frank View Post
    Amen Harvey!

I was once involved with a stable that had 3 runners in a Ladyship Mile (2 runners and an emergency) similar to the level you talk about with Arctic Fire so hence my point earlier, outside of 6 weeks racing against their own sex in the lead-up to get picked for the Ladyship, they have to race for 46 weeks against the boys and they would win their odd race, but week in, week out, they were going super but just found it too tough.

Actually in those years also, their wasn't as many female lead-up races either making it tougher for them!

If you don't cycle these mares correctly in all grades, every week, you are not building a future breeding cycle, anyone that say's different just doesn't get it.

I looked at the Trotguide 2 weeks back and do you know, taking out the feature mares lead-up, plus the trotters race left 6 races and out of those approx. 60 horses, only 6 were mares! Disgraceful.

This is why the fillies (besides the one or two leading lots which are fundamentally brought to try and acheive Futrity success), get the widest of berths at the sales as there is no attraction/potential avenue for success for them.

Two races at Menangle each week - M0-M3 and M3+ for mares only. I stand by it, it should be a must.

Why can Randwick, Rosehill, whatever track hosts metro gallops each week afford a mares only race, is it so hard to programme and support? I think not.
    Some M0 only mares are pretty important too imo.

Member Yearling Daryl New will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daryl New
    Occupation
    horse trainer
    Old Frank you are obviously not an industry leader and you will find that all programs outside metronome have co races progrrammed. After all thaws where most horses start their climb to meto class .without these horses to fill tithe fields you have no racing. Not meaning to insult you but to cite obscenely rich menaka Bill Gates and sadly the late Steve JOBS and what you think they would do is a fatuous and insulting to all the owners who obviously don't have your resources . Co,C1, C2 etc racing can be and is exciting and good for the racing product,

Banned Colt Old Frank will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Quote Originally Posted by Daryl New View Post

Old Frank you are obviously not an industry leader and you will find that all programs outside metronome have co races progrrammed. After all thaws where most horses start their climb to meto class .without these horses to fill tithe fields you have no racing. Not meaning to insult you but to cite obscenely rich menaka Bill Gates and sadly the late Steve JOBS and what you think they would do is a fatuous and insulting to all the owners who obviously don't have your resources . Co,C1, C2 etc racing can be and is exciting and good for the racing product,
    Daryl,

I am most certainly not an industry leader and mate, we'll beg to differ on CO, C1 and C2 racing.

Whilst yes it is the start of horses climbing the ranks, it's also filled with rubbish who couldn't win a race unless they were Steve Bradbury.

My resources aren't at the level you may seem but I certainly don't aspire to pay up for a horse and consider it winning it's C0 a milestone. Fundamentally I see that as a waste of money and I would rather move the horse on and keep trying to find the potential metro class horse. Obviously this is where you and I differ and your quite comfortable charging your owners to train CO and C1 class champions, good luck with that!

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    I'm sorry mate, but as awful as this sounds, I couldn't give a shit about C0 racing. If I was an industry leader and I was having to look at adjustments/clauses reconfiguration for C0 racing, fundamentally, I am rewarding mediocrity.

They may be the 'bread and butter' as you put it and yes, I know the perspective your coming from, however all owners should, and in this case more importantly, administrators be aspiring to better the class and standard of metro racing as without successful metro class racing, you won't have a product to sell to the masses/TAB in the future. It's as simple as that.
    A vast majority of horses currently racing as C0's/C1's aren't worth two bob and in my opinion again, it's a disgrace that they get punched around lingering on the hope to their trainer and owners that they'll win a race - somewhere, anywhere.

Nathan, can I suggest some maths lessons.
    Nothing too hard just think about this.....one race...ten horses...one winner...nine losers!
    Do you not stop and think eveyone is constantly trying to improve their stock???.....then revert to the equation above.

Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

Nathan, can I suggest some maths lessons.
    Nothing too hard just think about this.....one race...ten horses...one winner...nine losers!
    Do you not stop and think eveyone is constantly trying to improve their stock???.....then revert to the equation above.

Please feel free to call me a dickhead Danno, but where's the maths lesson?

You've stated the obvious one race, ten horses, etc but I fail to see your correlation to my comments you noted in the 'equation above'.

Again call me a dickhead if you wish.
    Last edited by Old Frank; 02-23-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    Nathan country racing is made up of this grade of horse. To make a living from racing in the country you need to start with the lower grade of pacers race them through to around the C5/C6 grade and then move them on to the metro track in the state where they would be most suitable to continue on with their racing.

Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Fella's,

This thread was about the state of 2yo Fillies races. My fault I digressed this into the terrible state of mares races also, however Mr Daryl New, champion advocate for CO / C1 class digressed into the state of conditioning for CO's.

I've been involved in and around the industry for the better part of my life and yes I acknowledge that's where the majority of racing around the country etc is being classed at but all I'm saying is, to me, I couldn't care less and I'm not interested.

I've never heard an owner say he/she aspires for their horse to win it's CO, but I've heard plenty say they'd love to win a race in town. My original posts pertained to mares racing in metro class.

I'm not here to offend anyone's horse per say', if your paying up for a CO, well that's your business, but I stand by the fact that the majority are rubbish and being punched around on 'hope', nothing more, nothing less.

I should say, if you all want to go to town and hack up my posts regarding CO racing, boys, do your best, but fundamentally whilst advocates push for the C0's to get a better deal, your product is fundamentally shit.

CO's going 2.00/2.01/2.02 or worse and that's supposed to attract a new wave of support to the industry??? Please what a bore. Has anyone taken serious note how much better the spectacle is when a field is running time as oppossed to the punching around of CO's at the provincials/country meets.

If you don't take your metro racing - all grades to another level, you don't improve your overall product in the marketplace and Harness Racing will continue to be the poorest of poor cousins to the gallops and as such, effect betting, social and entertainment dollar spent.

Back on point - Fillies and Mares in this state get the most disgraceful of treatment and racing administrators should hang their heads in shame. John Dumesny was quoted in last week's Trotguide as saying the sales were down to to fields legilation - what a load of bullshit John!

The fillies sold poorly (no bids and passed in/brought back, etc) due to no future past futurity racing at 2 and 3yrs. If there a good mare, but not topliner, they can't make money racing the boys consistently.
    Last edited by Old Frank; 02-23-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post

Some M0 only mares are pretty important too imo.
    Don't disagree Brendan. Any mares race permanently scheduled would be a bonus to start with!

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Frank View Post
    Please feel free to call me a dickhead Danno, but where's the maths lesson?

You've stated the obvious one race, ten horses, etc but I fail to see your correlation to my comments you noted in the 'equation above'.

Again call me a dickhead if you wish.
    If I thought you were a dickhead Nathan, I would have said so.
    The point I was trying to make is that no matter how good ALL the horses are, someone is gunna be a loser 90% of the time.

I don't know anyone who is content to be a loser 90% of the time but that's what is going to happen, Maths Don't Lie!

So therefore, there are going to be some horses that are more competitive in thier career than others..again I don't know anyone whos is actively seeking these horses, but the more horses come through your yard the more of these you will see until they're moved to where they can be competitive or moved out altogether.

To say you couldn't give a shit about C0 racing reveals you are like all of us looking for the better stock, but just a touch of naivety in not acknowledging they all have to start somewhere.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Nathan the fundamentally shit product and it's owner's,trainer's driver's etc are what keep this game going, we all can't have a metro horse or a 2.00 horse to race and the one's being punched around on hope as you put it are keeping us all going,after all to most it is a hobby not a profession. I know of people who just like having a horse in work and being able to go to the races with their family and have a day out and yes they know their horse's are no good but it is their choice, that is what make's our industry a good one to be involved in, anyone can have a go .
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

+ Reply to Thread