Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: NSW 2yo Fillies racing opportunities. WHAT AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!!

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    I really don't know a whole lot about it myself Brad. You've touched on a verging on age old question though.
    I've heard a lot of theories and at times from some very learned/old heads but none of them have ever really properly/fully explained why female Trotters seem to have a far better record when competing against their male counterparts than do female pacers when they're dropped in against their boys.
    As far as the reason why there are so many fillies/mares competing in France, hazzarding a pretty fair old guess that it is twofold.
    Firstly, it's obvious the French realise & appreciate that approximately 50% of the annual foal crop is comprised of fillies/mares & secondly, I understand they currently have somewhat of an over-supply problem when it comes to foals bred versus numbers required to fill their fields.
    In response to that I assume they're encouraging the fillies/mares to race on as opposed to them being retired to the breeding barn.
    It is somewhat like the current Australian Federal Government is doing everything they can to keep High School Students at school as opposed to them leaving in year 10 & ending up adding to the Youth Unemployed figures.
    The difference between the two is that the motives of the French in keeping their fillies & mares racing on for longer are without any shadow of a doubt totally altruistic in nature, I am certain that mean well, very much so.
    On the other hand, those of the current Federal Government re: 16yo+ students remaining at school for longer & so essentially orbiting the halls in a holding pattern...well, let's just say that they are very questionable to say the least. Cop that Bill Shorten.
    Do those staying in school that shouldn't be there drag the others down? I believe so. Possibly it would be better letting them drop out and letting others flourish rather than be dragged down..

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Brenno, thought you must have got washed away out there. Are you affected by the floods?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    Brenno, thought you must have got washed away out there. Are you affected by the floods?
    I'm right up on a hill on the other side of town from the River, if I'm gone there's no more Wagga!!! So yes pretty safe where I am fortanately.
    I'd daresay Yirribee Stud is/will be under, while some trainers properties will also be under. I know one trainer who's track went under 16-18months ago, upgraded it and now it's under again. It's not a great situation at all - horses were up and racing as well not sure if they've been able to work them elsewhere either. I'm thinking the houses should be safe but not 100% sure.

+ Reply to Thread