Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rudd has resigned as Foreign Minister

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Talking Rudd has resigned as Foreign Minister

Last edited by Triple V; 02-22-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    So is he jumping out all together or does he think he's got the numbers. Pretty brave (or stupid) to be off shore when he announced it, or he's pretty confident. Is there a market on the leadership out yet?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    What's the odd's on him pulling the pin altogether and then their having to be an election, wouldn't that give Gillard the shit's ?
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    What's the odd's on him pulling the pin altogether and then their having to be an election, wouldn't that give Gillard the shit's ?
    Greg you mean a by-election I think, with the possibility of one less in a minority gov't. That pain in the buttock region of Julias would certainly become a full blown raging heamorroid of the largest order again. Our electorate just went through a by-election a couple of months ago and everyone that you spoke to said the same thing...what a waste of tax-payers money in a pointless exercise when the state gov't already had an overwhelming majority.

Lets hope he is not that selfish to have a dummy spit if he is beaten and resign with the shits. He can sit up the back and stew for a while. Won't hurt him.

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Yeah that is what i meant.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    All the pundits on the TV last night were saying that he'd go to the back benches etc etc and snipe away from there.
    I just don't think he will.
    If he can't get the numbers to win a challenge on Monday, I think he will go with the scorched earth option and bring them all down. Old mates Swan & Crean should have kept their mouths shut. That just threw petrol on the fire. If he can't get the top job then I think Rudd will resign, force a bi-election in his Seat that he knows Labor will lose and lose badly...because he knows that the QLD'ers have well & truly had enough of Labor both at State & Federal level...and that will be that. State & then Federal Elections, land slide to the LNP in both cases. In a short space of time Labor will have been tossed from Office in VIC, NSW, QLD and Federally. Mark Arbib & faceless men of the The Sussex St. Machine of NSW Labor must be proud of their achievements. I would certainly like to buy them each a beer for their efforts. I couldn't have wrecked it better myself.

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain

I don't have the fucken patience

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    I'm thinking the same as you Jamie.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    I keyed a few choice words about what I thought of Mark Arbib the other after reading Jamies post but thought better of it and deleted it instead. Then I read and watched Starship Captains contribution. Once again PURE GOLD. Just the pep up I need after a crap day earning a quid. I hope your post stays intact SC, I will refer to it everytime I see a crap drive by some of the imposters that masquerade as top horsemen. Kevin says it so succinctly.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Back in late March of 2011 I thought Kristina Keneally said of her own Party..."The people have not abandoned Labor, Labor has abandoned the people". Brad, I reckon what we're seeing now at a Federal level is the same back room factions/party machine machinations that brought down the VIC, NSW and soon the QLD State Governments. Much to his credit, Kevin Rudd is and has always been 'faction-less'. He is not a creature of nor does he carry the bagge of the NSW Right nor the VIC Left nor the Trade Unions. Less than 1/2 an hour after jumping off the plane from the US he called a press conference and during it, amongst other points, he made very good & I think very telling commentary.

[Now the prime ministership of this country is not something to be dealt with lightly, certainly not something to be dealt with with a midnight coup which is what happened 18 months ago. It's something which affects everybody in this country.
    And so what I'm saying directly to the Australian people is if you have a strong view on the future prime ministership of the country then your power as the people is what will count in the days ahead.
    Pick up your telephone, speak to your local members of Parliament, tell them what you think. Jump into the media, tell them what you think because this is your country. It doesn't belong to the factions of the Labor Party.]

When it comes down to tin tacks...they won't admit it but that's the real reason why the King Makers like Bitar & Co. hate him. He is not and never has been beholding to them. I don't like Rudd's politics but I admire the fortitutde he has shown to stand against the shit storm the back room boys are trying to rain down upon him at present.

+ Reply to Thread