Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carabella trip to Oz is Off

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings

Carabella trip to Oz is Off

My pal in NZ Mark McNamara has advised that Carabella wont be heading across the ditch due to a strained near fore ligament injury...He added she may be off the seen for up to 12 months.....
    Very Disappointing news....

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Oh dear , that's really bad news. Was looking forward to seeing her run around Menangle this year. Let's hope all goes well and that we will one day see her over here. She is a star!

Here is a news article about this http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=95894
    Last edited by David Summers; 02-24-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by doinmabest View Post
    My pal in NZ Mark McNamara has advised that Carabella wont be heading across the ditch due to a strained near fore ligament injury...He added she may be off the seen for up to 12 months.....
    Very Disappointing news....
    [VVV] BUGGER! I was very much looking forward to seeing her. You'd have to think that leaves the road well & truly wide open for Trevor Lindsay's filly, Bettor Cover Lover, to plunder all. I wouldn't mind seeing that happen. She has fought back from oblivion. Trevor's due every success that comes his way. Her recovery from injury is a story in itself. She's lucky to be alive let alone back to her best on the race track.

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    G'day Jaimie,no one's a bigger fan than BCL than me but plundering all I'm not so sure about,call me parochial but I really believe she'll need to go better than 52 to beat Torque in Motion,she is one fast strong mare and has also been underrated.Great field though and I can't wait to see them get stuck in to it.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Did Torque in Motion compete against BCL in the Victoria Oaks last year. While I wish GOOD LUCK to the connections of all worthy horses in good races, Kiwi and Aussie,
    I haven't seen a performance in Australia this year to suggest they shouldn't havealready written the winner's cheques for T Lindsay (owner) and B Mangos (Trainer / driver).
    Am I a fan of BCL?
    Not before last night when I heard about Carabella..!!!

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Did Torque in Motion compete against BCL in the Victoria Oaks last year. While I wish GOOD LUCK to the connections of all worthy horses in good races, Kiwi and Aussie,
    I haven't seen a performance in Australia this year to suggest they shouldn't havealready written the winner's cheques for T Lindsay (owner) and B Mangos (Trainer / driver).
    Am I a fan of BCL?
    Not before last night when I heard about Carabella..!!!

You had bettor have a look at this then Teecee.
    Mile rate 1.52.5

http://www.trotstv.com.au/?mc=ME170212&rn=6

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    No she didn't compete in the oaks

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post
    You had bettor have a look at this then Teecee.
    Mile rate 1.52.5

http://www.trotstv.com.au/?mc=ME170212&rn=6
    I think I concede to your point if I read it right.
    To be honest I concede the middle paragraph of my post tongue in cheek. I do wonder about how Mangos will handle a field of "strangers" to him after how he analyzed his last 2 drives on BCL.
    He conceded BCL was beaten by Carabella due his fault when beaten a head over 2000m.
    The next week he went out knowing that Carabella drops the bit when she is in front and it takes a bit for Ricky May to wake her up. What does Mangos do?
    Why he takes her up outside carabella 1200m from home. End result...3.5 lengths in arrears at the line.

I digress. BCL has had her misfortune and Carabella made the most of it. Now the roles are reversed. hope BCL can benefit.
    But as I say good luck to all who get an invite and are able to accept same.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Max View Post
    G'day Jaimie,no one's a bigger fan than BCL than me but plundering all I'm not so sure about,call me parochial but I really believe she'll need to go better than 52 to beat Torque in Motion,she is one fast strong mare and has also been underrated.Great field though and I can't wait to see them get stuck in to it.

[VVV] Parochial? Never! Perish the thought Rosario.
    I for one am yet to meet a parochial Queenslander.
    You're right of course, how could I forgot her...disgraceful. She is VERY good. Should be one Hell of a showdown.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    A very good win by Torque in Motion in the Ladyship Mile last night - simply too good for Our Sixpence and Bettor Cover Lover.
    Courageousnquick was extremely impressive winning the Pink Bonnet and Marquess de Posh once again showed her class with a comprehensive win in the Oaks.
    It was a good night's racing on a saturated track.

+ Reply to Thread