Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Punting Gods...please kick me in the arse!

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Another Four Starzzz Shark filly, I see.
    His 5th 2YO winner for the season so far. He's doing OK.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Bernie Kelly is thanking the gods that Jaimie didn't back her.
    [VVV] Yeh! That's your one & only birthday present Bernie. Don't think it will happen all the time.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post
    [VVV] It's probably a somewhat dim betting angle to use on the 2yos but with a great many of them, especially the first starters, I tend to look at their pedigrees/immediate family before I do anything else.
    That filly of Bernie's is a FSS from an Albert Albert mare & while I don't tend to get too hung up on this X or that X, there's also no escaping the fact that statistically there are two very,very clear/standout X's for Four Starzzz Shark, one being that he LOVES Abercrombie line mares and the other that he LOVES No Nukes line mares.
    His US efforts in that respect aside, it's interesting to note that his Oz bred winners thus far are following the same basic pattern being from mares by Albert Albert (Abercrombie), Chill Factor (Abercrombie), Artiscape (Artsplace-Abercrombie), Abercrombie himself, Northern Lights (No Nukes) and one by Land Grant (Meadow Skipper)....with the latter being Harvey tossing a spanner in the works.
    The NZ bred winners imported to Oz are from mares by Live Or Die (Die Laughing-No Nukes) and Soky's Atom (Albatross) although his best NZ winner is Four Starzzz Flash, from a mare by Falcon Seelster.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post
    [VVV] Btw, Frith reminds me a lot of a filly the horse produced in the US, her name was Racing Star. Very similar style of horse/way of going only Racing Star was a chestnut and Frith's a bay.

aussiebreno
    Basically layed Sepoy today (big weight, 3yo, first up, favourite) in a quaddie at Caulfield today. Took just about the field in his leg, Samaready in the Blue Diamond, 4 including Lucas Cranach and just about the whole field in the last. $18 for 6.25% I've just worked out it should have been. Yes I say should. I marked the ticket wrong and just let it slide without putting the bet on. Quaddie for 6.25 pays $183. So pretty much a $10 winner ($18 bet $183 return) like TripleV. It hurts, even more so on a losing day!

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Ouch. To ease the pain Breno, may I suggest a cheeky Shiraz...or three, whilst sitting down to watch the Huntley Finals from Bulli.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    This thread will become timeless and although it will be filled with tortured yarns theres always going to be one we can all relate to. Tough one Brendan.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Ouch. To ease the pain Breno, may I suggest a cheeky Shiraz...or three, whilst sitting down to watch the Huntley Finals from Bulli.
    Have you got any left after that deleted post of your from that other thread.....LOL

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Should be a good night, interesting on the Courage Under Fire discussion and he popped up and sired the first winner, beating an ex Bernie Kelly trained pacer.

Member Gelding NormanS will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Norman Schwarz
    Occupation
    Franchise Owner
    Horses
    Love This Dragon, Aussie Melody, Love Th
    Back to the original topic:
    This is the best missed for me - Gallops at Newcastle. My uncle trained the winner, we had discussed it the afternoon before. I got back from working our horses, turned the computer on got the TAB site up as they Jumped....(this excerpt from the Newcastle Herald about the race)

"Newcastle Herald

Monday July 30, 2007

GEOFF WILSON RACING
    CLOUDCRAFT, which became one of racing's greatest long-shot winners at Broadmeadow on Saturday, is also one of the game's lovely bargain buys.

Cloudcraft had punters scratching their heads in disbelief as he strode away to score his third race victory in the class-two handicap over 1200 metres at Broadmeadow.

The despised outsider started officially at $101 and paid $232.70 for just one dollar investment on the TAB.

There was a TAB win pool of $145,000 on the race, which equates to punters investing five or six hundred dollars on Cloudcraft

© 2007 Newcastle Herald"

I'll never live that one down as one of the guys doing trackwork with me that morning did get a fiver each way on him (or so he said).

+ Reply to Thread