Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Speed figures victorian harness racing

Junior Member Foal DBL will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    DAVID BOYD
    Occupation
    Retired

Speed figures victorian harness racing

Does any one know if speed figures are in use or available for Vic harness racing
    DBL

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Gday David. Don't know if it's exactly what you are referring to but you can get the sectional times for every horse that runs at Melton on Friday nights by sending an 'empty' email to sectionals@hrv.org.au. Gives you the time for last mile for each horse and for each of the 400m sections of it. Usually sent on the Tuesday following. Don't know if any other tracks do it. Cheers

Real Name
    DAVID BOYD
    Occupation
    Retired
    Thanks for the reply. Yes I am aware of Melton sectionals but what I am working on is a method for calculating a speed figure (which is a number that represents a horses final time) for all Vic tracks. Because we cannot get individual horse times in a race the way that thoroughbreds can.
    Thought I would enquire whether anyone else does them or knows of them.
    Thanks again
    DBL

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    Gday again David
    Have you tried HarnessWeb? http://harnessweb.harness.org.au/harnessweb/index.do
    Don't know if have to be an owner, trainer or driver to get a login (you use "Request account" button on above page). Can then get info on each horse including it's individual mile rate for every start. Cheers

Real Name
    DAVID BOYD
    Occupation
    Retired
    OK will have a look thanks
    DBL

Junior Member Weanling Bingo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Will Fry
    Toohard is correct. If you apply and receive a Harness Web password then you can go to each race and then by each individual horse obtain their mile rate.

For example in the first at Melton last night the winner went 1.59.4 the fourth horse went 1.59.506 and the 11th horse went 2.00.626.

Real Name
    DAVID BOYD
    Occupation
    Retired
    Are these mile rates available only for Melton races or all Vic tracks do you know?

Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    Gday David

Looks like all tracks from what I can see.

Once you're in you click on "Horse", Enter horse name and when it comes up click on "Performance". Gives you about 25 races per screen (basic info). Doesnt give you track name on first screen, gives you race code eg. BAC250111 (Ballarat 25th Jan 2011). But if you click on that code gives you full race result (including track name). Also if you click on any of the headings up the top it will sort by that column. Eg... click on the "My MR" column and it sorts in order fastest mile rate to slowest. Or can click on Placing, Race Code, any column and it sorts by that.

Cheeers

Real Name
    DAVID BOYD
    Occupation
    Retired
    I have been into Harness Web and found that it does not have individual mile rates for each horse; only for the winner.
    That's OK because I have developed my methodology for calculating Speed figures ( they could also be called speed ratings) and I am really happy with it.
    Just remains to keep working on it for a few more months and then I will be ready to hit the TAB and win some money. I hope!
    Thanks for your input and help, much appreciated
    DBL

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    I t does show individual mile rates for each horse in a particular race not sure which part you are looking at .
    You have to go to Horse - then performance and will show you the time.
    eg ate Race Code Pl Driver Stake Start Distance HCP My MR BTN Stewards
    31/01/2010 QPC31011006 1 G Lang $3,375 MS 1690m FT Fr2 2:04.097 GS L RG WI 1
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

+ Reply to Thread