Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Our Future in NSW

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando

Exclamation What's Our Future in NSW

Heard today that in NSW there will be a cut of 54 meeting's in the next season 12/13 .
    Has anybody else heard, what's the reasoning behind it ?
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Greg

I have heard the same thing, i also heard the Gallops are having some of there meeting's cut. Not sure as to how much truth is behind it ????

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    Hi Greg
    Don't look at this move by Sam and his team badly it is probably one of the best moves he's made. The 54 meetings removed will all be restricted meetings the lowest form of racing known to man.

For harness racing to move forward the sport needs to profesionalize removing the favored meetings of the weekend worrier trainer is a smart move to wipe them out. Just take a look at the last a bulli and you will know what I mean. People who can't count past four are not a good look.

Member Yearling Daryl New will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daryl New
    Occupation
    horse trainer
    Hello Andy
    If you dont like restricted meetings, Dont bet on them. Simple as that. Personally I will only race there if they are down the road, because they are not value for effort.
    With regard to your comment "weekend worrier trainer ", please dont insult part time professionals who supply the fields that make up the harness racing product. Many of them are more professional than the so called "Professionals" who keep coming up with positive swabs. Possibly the recent sales were down because these were the professionals who stayed away through a lack of confidence in the current state of the industry

Banned Yearling TSW will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tim Watson
    Probably to make way for the prizemoney increases. Deleting the restricted meetings should make dog food cheaper as the knackeries will be doing booming business.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Hi Greg
    Don't look at this move by Sam and his team badly it is probably one of the best moves he's made. The 54 meetings removed will all be restricted meetings the lowest form of racing known to man.

For harness racing to move forward the sport needs to profesionalize removing the favored meetings of the weekend worrier trainer is a smart move to wipe them out. Just take a look at the last a bulli and you will know what I mean. People who can't count past four are not a good look.
    In criticising those who can't count past four it would have been a good idea, either as a professional or a weekend warrior, to get spelling right and give pronouns a capital.
    The winners have to beat somebody - not everybody can claim trainers premierships. I imagine some of these 54 meetings may include meetings from Leeton, Temora, Albury etc. Those places get more of a crowd to one meeting than Menangle/Melton would get to 20 meetings. Let's drive away all those fans...
    You can have your premier competition (eg Menangle/AFL/NRL) work alongside amateurs (eg Temora/country footy leagues). You don't need to get rid of amateurs to be professional.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Hi Greg

That will do me...........that is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard!!!!!.......do this and you virtually kill the sport completely.......these "weekend warriors" are what keeps this game alive.........there are not a lot of people making a living out of harness racing.......Please have a look at the below post regarding the Blayney meeting held recently.........a lot of these tracks and meetings are looked after by volunteers and they are still going........some have dropped out, because financial support was not forthcoming..........!!!!!!!!!. your comment can't be serious!

Re mistaking the laps at Bulli, it won't be the first or the last.......your memory must be short because a little over 12 months ago, GARY HALL JR, MISTOOK THE LAPS.........HE IS DRIVING THE 1/1 FAVOURITE IN THIS WEEKS ID FINAL.

Looking Back
    I think everyone left Blayney last Saturday feeling that the meeting had been a success.
    Haven't seen the official figures but have been told that the Tote held over $12,000 on the day, the bookies held over $10,000. Gate was $1,300 and the canteen took in $2,100 running out of everything just prior to the last.
    Heard some comments during the day that there were more people at Blayney than at Menangle the previous night and that the crowd was bigger than most Wednesdays at Bathurst. The racing was a bit rough and ready which is to be expected with the grade of horses competing, but a few good ones showed everyone how it should be done
    Everyone is now excited about the upcoming Carnival of Cups meeting where the increased prizemoney will see better horses making the journey to Blayney.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    G'day Steve,
    In Jnr's defence, there have in fact been quite a few drivers over the years that have mistaken a longer race for a shorter one. Without naming names one of the long-time leading reinsman/trainers from Tassie has done it as for that matter has one of the, without any doubt, all-time great drivers from VIC. Those two guys would definitely be in the Australian Harness Racing Horseman's Hall Of Fame if we had one. It can happen, even to the best of them.

Banned Gelding murray green will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    murray green
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    That will do me...........that is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard!!!!!.......do this and you virtually kill the sport completely.......these "weekend warriors" are what keeps this game alive.........there are not a lot of people making a living out of harness racing.......Please have a look at the below post regarding the Blayney meeting held recently.........a lot of these tracks and meetings are looked after by volunteers and they are still going........some have dropped out, because financial support was not forthcoming..........!!!!!!!!!. your comment can't be serious!

Re mistaking the laps at Bulli, it won't be the first or the last.......your memory must be short because a little over 12 months ago, GARY HALL JR, MISTOOK THE LAPS.........HE IS DRIVING THE 1/1 FAVOURITE IN THIS WEEKS ID FINAL.

Looking Back
    I think everyone left Blayney last Saturday feeling that the meeting had been a success.
    Haven't seen the official figures but have been told that the Tote held over $12,000 on the day, the bookies held over $10,000. Gate was $1,300 and the canteen took in $2,100 running out of everything just prior to the last.
    Heard some comments during the day that there were more people at Blayney than at Menangle the previous night and that the crowd was bigger than most Wednesdays at Bathurst. The racing was a bit rough and ready which is to be expected with the grade of horses competing, but a few good ones showed everyone how it should be done
    Everyone is now excited about the upcoming Carnival of Cups meeting where the increased prizemoney will see better horses making the journey to Blayney.
    IMO most are over Tinys work on here , not many agree with his writings of utter crap .

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    G'day Steve,
    In Jnr's defence, there have in fact been quite a few drivers over the years that have mistaken a longer race for a shorter one. Without naming names one of the long-time leading reinsman/trainers from Tassie has done it as for that matter has one of the, without any doubt, all-time great drivers from VIC. Those two guys would definitely be in the Australian Harness Racing Horseman's Hall Of Fame if we had one. It can happen, even to the best of them.
    Triple......The quote from tiny was referring to the driver who mistook the laps in the Trotters in the last race at Bulli on Saturday night........my point was that any driver can do this and mentioned the topical driver of the moment G Hall JR!

I don't know the driver personally, but they are a battling trainer of well over 25 years and has had limited success, but they keep trying and coming back.........they were always asking questions to find ways to improve........on a few occasions they would speak to the late John Binskin about their horse in a trial, and he would give advise freely about ways to improve etc........everybody is continually learning no matter what level they are at! I am sure the driver is embarrassed about the situation.......and the stewards will find accordingly!

+ Reply to Thread