Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: What's Our Future in NSW

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Found out tonight Peak Hill with no meeting's this year not sure whether it is a funding issue or not .Parkes and Dubbo have the date's when Peak used to race .
    That is bad news. Hopefully it is only temporary and that the club is back up and running soon.
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    That's a shame about Peak Hill, i went there 2 yrs ago to a meeting not expecting much but to my amazement the racing was great and there was a huge crowd who turned up for the day. The thing i find strange is that they cut clubs back on race day's only to give a couple of club's some extra who already have sufficient.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    That's 14 month's away i'm talking about y12 no meeting's pencilled in on the proposal from HRNSW in one place it say's 2 meetings y12 and 2 y13 then over on the calender it say's Parkes and Dubbo on 2 of the Saturday's in July 12 just a bit confusing to understand. Maybe a typo perhap's .
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    16-7-2011 and 24-7-2011 were the last meeting's. When were the meeting's in y12 or are these included in this year's racing season even though they are before the season 11/12 start's ? Just trying to understand thing's a bit better.
    Last edited by Greg Hando; 03-20-2012 at 02:00 AM. Reason: added text

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Thanks i thought it was our racing season sep to aug .

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Glad you boys finally got that sorted out...that was taking forever.

Member Gelding doncht will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Don Chet
    This was a nice day. It just make me glad to see two people sorting things out on their own.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Don I want you to take a good look at the following pic
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling hillbillydeluxe will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Michael Freeman
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    now-Generals Daughter & Passaic River
    I agree with most of what Phil has explained of the sport as I spent most of the 80's & 90's involved in the sport and it was only due to the integrity issues of the sport that I left. I have tried to re enter the sport as an owner several times to only be disillusioned and let down by trainers (positives). The bad side to it all is I spend $6k a month on 4 horses in the gallops to a country trainer. My main issue is every time I want to get back into the sport you have Harness trainers quoting around the $50 per day mark but want you to race for minor prizemoney yet in the gallops I pay $50 a day to race for 4 times the prizemoney, so its not comparable. if I want my horse trained by a no name harness trainer with 2-3 in work then it costs around $25 per day. So it's not only an integrity issue with the sport it's the sustainability.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Look at the program for Goulburn next Monday http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm?mc=LM300315
    Question: Are the trainers and or owners getting the shits with the C2 or better (we will decide the fields) ruling. Not one race for C2 or better.
    You can only change the Mickey Mouse grading so many times to suit the numbers before the ones paying for it say enough.

+ Reply to Thread