Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Our Future in NSW

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Back on track
    State wide losing 54 meeting's
    Metro incl Bulli and HRNSW@TPC 18,Bankstown-11
    Hunter and north west - 4 2 each from Newc and Tam
    Western District's - 10 Dubbo 3,Orange 2 and Parkes 5
    Riverina - 9 Junee 3, Temora 3,Wagga 3 and Young 2
    Interesting!.......maybe the PR dept at HRNSW should fill us in with the reason...........that is a lot of prizemoney and meetings to lose.....when the TAB were aiming to have as many meetings as pssible..........maybe Turfontein will get all these meetings!

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Back on track
    State wide losing 54 meeting's
    Metro incl Bulli and HRNSW@TPC 18,Bankstown-11 down from 20 & 21
    Hunter and north west - 4 - 2 each from Newc and Tam
    Western District's - 10 - Dubbo 3,Orange 2 and Parkes 5
    South West & Riverina - 9- Junee 3, Temora 3,Wagga 3 and Young 2
    But gaining 2 extra at Goulburn.
    Goulburn is being classed as 1/2 Metro and 1/2 South west and Riverina gaining 2 in 2013 from 8 to 10
    Bloody Hell!,
    thats sobering, this will no doubt be a direct result of the integrity issues facing NSW. I can't remember the last time this much money was taken out of circulation.
    If my rough calculations are correct something like $1.7M in prizemoney ( thats if the majority are restricted fronts).

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    I wonder if the bookmaker case( corporates ) isn't going to achieve what they thought it would or they are just broke .The participant's are taking a cut i wonder if the HRNSW office's will do the same and spread it around.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Horses
    No Stars
    I wonder if the bookmaker case( corporates ) isn't going to achieve what they thought it would or they are just broke .The participant's are taking a cut i wonder if the HRNSW office's will do the same and spread it around.
    One thing they are surely going to address is the Menangle Metro meetings, since they changed to Saturday nights the turnover has nosedived!!
    Is someone alseep at the wheel or just unable to admit this is not working?
    Don't get me wrong there is more to our woes than this one thing but it's another nail in the coffin as far as I can see.

Can we wait till they nail all the bastards involved in pay to play?can we wait till the confidence of the public is restored? It's not looking real flash thats for sure.

The yearling sales took a massive hit recently and this is a gutbuster on top of that.

Member Yearling Daryl New will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daryl New
    Occupation
    horse trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    I sorry that most of you don't like what i’m saying. Harness racing is facing some tough times ahead and at the end of the day harness racing is a business and the racing is the product they sell. It is simple if harness racing doesn't grow its betting turnover, it will go bust. I can understand the emotion attached.
    The comment by Daryl New that if you don’t like it don’t bet on it, is not good enough. Betting turnover can’t grow if the punters don’t like the product. So It is more of a case if you don’t like it its got to improve or be got rid of.
    Daryl also wrote don’t bag the people that make up the fields and this only highlights the problem, if there are people or horses that are only going around week in week out to make up numbers is a problem. No one will back a horse they have never herd of with bad form that is trained a driven by some bloke that has a nine to five job and drives or trains a horse after work. Get half a dozen of these in a race and the punter doesn’t punt.
    As a punter there are four things I follow, Horses, trainers, drivers and form if I look at a race and don’t know any names and nothing obvious in the form you don’t punt.
    In recent time harness racing has had its share of integrity issues again causing a lack of trust in the product. Because the industry is so large and fragmented makes it hard to be correctly regulated.
    I have wrote this before but the number of trainers must be reduced if harness racing had 10 trainers in Sydney with about 70-80 horses each regulation would be simple there would be better name recognition and plenty of quality horses to make up fields. The same can be said about drivers although more than ten are required.
    As much as it is a hard decision to make it is for the better of the sport and doing away with the restricted meetings is a good one and a good step towards a stronger future.
    The comment I made earlier about the Bulli race was wrong in the way it targeted one person but the point was all drivers have shockers but the part time ones have more than the ones that drive all the time.
    PS sorry about the spelling I was never very good at it. But must also add I have never commented on anyone’s spelling ever. So I can’t spell but I’m not a hypocrite.
    Tiny what are your KPIs ( Key Performance Indicators ) or criteria to be rated professional ? With regard to product growth, it cannot be achieved while we are held in such low regard, so called professionals are recidivists and continue to corrupt the industry, and they are not all part time trainers, while the powers to be make decisions to cater for the single i nterest groups etc.
    Don't worry about the spelling no one bothers anymore just read text messages

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    One thing they are surely going to address is the Menangle Metro meetings, since they changed to Saturday nights the turnover has nosedived!!
    Is someone alseep at the wheel or just unable to admit this is not working?
    Don't get me wrong there is more to our woes than this one thing but it's another nail in the coffin as far as I can see.

Can we wait till they nail all the bastards involved in pay to play?can we wait till the confidence of the public is restored? It's not looking real flash thats for sure.

The yearling sales took a massive hit recently and this is a gutbuster on top of that.
    The first few races from Menanlge can sort of piggyback off the Saturday races...but why on earth is the Ladyship Mile at 10.15. You gotta help yourself, one of the best races of the night to punt on with a considerable amount of line form yet its on too bloody late.

Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    The first few races from Menanlge can sort of piggyback off the Saturday races...but why on earth is the Ladyship Mile at 10.15. You gotta help yourself, one of the best races of the night to punt on with a considerable amount of line form yet its on too bloody late.
    Thanks Brenno,
    mate I'm aware of the strategy for Menangle taking the Saturday meetings, I'm also aware that so far it has been a huge failure. I don't see any piggy back benefits and overall turnover is down considerably on what it was on Fridays.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Thanks Brenno,
    mate I'm aware of the strategy for Menangle taking the Saturday meetings, I'm also aware that so far it has been a huge failure. I don't see any piggy back benefits and overall turnover is down considerably on what it was on Fridays.
    I dont dispute that turnover is down or that Fri night was better. However, I think you underestimate the amount that is being bet on fixed odds. It is huge...

aussiebreno
    Thanks Brenno,
    Uh, that post was more-so about the Ladyship Mile being at 10.15 than in regards to the benefit of Sat V Fri which I've taken no interest in - sorry you've taken it that way.
    But point stands, I think you will find that the earlier races (where we are piggybacking of people already being in the TAB for the thoroughbreds) have more turnover. Whether that means Saturday is better than Friday I'm not weighing into.

Junior Member Yearling William will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    William Child
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    I dont dispute that turnover is down or that Fri night was better. However, I think you underestimate the amount that is being bet on fixed odds. It is huge...
    How much exactly Harvey? When this was discussed on harnesslist, the consensus was that TAB fixed odds turnover is around 15% of tote win pool turnover. Do you think that number is incorrect now?
    Last edited by William; 02-28-2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Adding "TAB" to second sentence

+ Reply to Thread