Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Our Future in NSW

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Hypothetically speaking I would like to see Luke McCarthy cloned ten times an take all of the top ten positions. He is every thing and more than you would expect from a professional trainer.

He presents his horses well
    They always run to expectation
    He presents himself well with the media marketing himself and his sponcers at every opportunity.
    And the fact he doesn't punt or allow his staff to punt is an added bonus.

In a time when harness racing was not scared of its own shadow Luke would be marketed better by the industry similar to the way Chris Gleeson was in the 90s.
    Tiny, if I did not know better, I would think you are pulling my leg.......but I know your not........I was going to suggest for you L Mc X 10, but I waited for you to reply.........What if he gets sick or suspended, or has a positive swab......what will happen to Harness Racing?...........As a punter, I hate good horses and big races....you can find more winners at better prices in the "penny dreadful" events........you just have to dig a little deeper.........I like Luke Mcarthy also, but he can't carry Harness Racing on his own shoulders.........He does do a good job, and I like his manner and no BS approach........he has other trainers and drivers wondering what to do next.......but in general his horses are a short price...........this does not do the sport any good either......more competitive racing is better for the sport.......owners are queuing up to give him horses, that's why he has multiple runners in each race....... he can't take all the horses out their to train..........I like finding something to beat him, it it happens i get good odds!............Stick with Luke, you will find the winner more often than not!!!!!

aussiebreno
    Hypothetically speaking I would like to see Luke McCarthy cloned ten times an take all of the top ten positions. He is every thing and more than you would expect from a professional trainer.

He presents his horses well
    They always run to expectation
    He presents himself well with the media marketing himself and his sponcers at every opportunity.
    And the fact he doesn't punt or allow his staff to punt is an added bonus.

In a time when harness racing was not scared of its own shadow Luke would be marketed better by the industry similar to the way Chris Gleeson was in the 90s.
    In 30 years who then takes over training from the 10 trainers when they are all ageing??? No-one has been groomed or allowed to learn the trade.

Luke McCarthy wouldn't have been around to be a top10 trainer, his old man may still have been out bush as a butcher (John was a butcher by trade IIRC) in NSW if you were in charge of any harness admin and your main man Luke never would have got the oppurtunity.
    Tiny give it a break.

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    Quote Originally Posted by racefair View Post
    CENTRALISED MODEL
    So Andy, you are selling the idea of a centralised model. I've got a few questions for you after you nominate your ideal top 10.
    1. How can every horse in a race have good form? What do you define as good form? Are you talking about runners having less variation i.e. more consistency in their form?
    2. If you've got only 10 trainers then it's likely that many of them will have mutiple runners in a 10 horse race. The punters by your comments will have a new challenge on which horse to pick. i.e. like the challenge at the moment when Luke McCarthy has 3 or 4 runners in a race. Are they going to be put off when the favoured runner from the stable loses?
    3. What similar sport has your suggested model worked in?
    So onto the top ten:
    Luke McCarthy
    Paul Fitzpatric
    Blake Fitzpatric
    Peter Russo
    Steve Turnbull
    Darin Hancock
    Robie Morris / Kerriann
    David Thorn
    Next two are up for grabs but I would like to see Todd or Andy McCarthy make there way to Nsw as well.

The point if every horse having good form is not sensible. To have good betting races you want consistently performing horses with mixed form. Not runners with picket fences that start at $1.10 and not horses with a nest of duck eggs that start at $200. I'm talking open races of consistant horses.

Trainers with multiple runners in races is only a problem when they team drive. When Luke had multiple runner I take the quinela or trifecta an quite often get up.

I think the centralized model has served the TB industry well most horses in work are attached to a track or training facility making stable inspections and monitoring of trackwork easy. You must admit the TB haven't had the integrity issues that harness have had.

I would love to here some other people's ideas to improve harness racing as well as shooting mine down.

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    If Luke gets suspended or sick you just do what everyone does and transfer the horses to a family member stable Forman however.

aussiebreno
    So onto the top ten:
    Luke McCarthy
    Paul Fitzpatric
    Blake Fitzpatric
    Peter Russo
    Steve Turnbull
    Darin Hancock
    Robie Morris / Kerriann How did Turner get into the sport? Oh her father Ray. But you want to say Ray get stuffed you can't train. No more Kerry Ann in the industry champ.
    David Thorn
    Next two are up for grabs but I would like to see Todd or Andy McCarthy make there way to Nsw as well.

The point if every horse having good form is not sensible. To have good betting races you want consistently performing horses with mixed form. Not runners with picket fences that start at $1.10 and not horses with a nest of duck eggs that start at $200. I'm talking open races of consistant horses.

Trainers with multiple runners in races is only a problem when they team drive. When Luke had multiple runner I take the quinela or trifecta an quite often get up.

I think the centralized model has served the TB industry well most horses in work are attached to a track or training facility making stable inspections and monitoring of trackwork easy. You must admit the TB haven't had the integrity issues that harness have had.

I would love to here some other people's ideas to improve harness racing as well as shooting mine down.
    Your idea is ludicrous. You don't make ideas for the sake of it.

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    So onto the top ten:
    Luke McCarthy
    Paul Fitzpatric
    Blake Fitzpatric
    Peter Russo
    Steve Turnbull
    Darin Hancock
    Robie Morris / Kerriann
    David Thorn

On your list you will find that most are descendants of trotting families.....the passing on of the knowledge and skills down the line........harness racing needs to attract and give opportunities to the new unkowns, and give them a level playing field to compete against these families........some do fight their way through........if you want better racing, encourage more people into the sport and the results should follow........but it will take time........and who is doing something about it.....I don't see advertised, training and driving courses for new aspirants.......where is the promotion.......Get some trainers and drivers to help visit schools or hold courses...........However, it is a simple model at the moment, go over to NZ and buy performed horses.........., as long as you have the money......you are halfway there!
    Last edited by The Form Student; 02-27-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    The more you guys humour this troglodyte the worse he's gunna get
    Last edited by Danno; 02-27-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The more you guys humour this troblodyte the worse he's gunna get
    Danno, I think tiny is more like the "one-eyed" footy fan.........L Mc is carving them up at the moment........and he wants to win also........he may work for the stable or knows someone who does........at least he stands up for his view.....I won't take that away from him!

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    Danno, I think tiny is more like the "one-eyed" footy fan.........L Mc is carving them up at the moment........and he wants to win also........he may work for the stable or knows someone who does........at least he stands up for his view.....I won't take that away from him!
    To a certain degree you're right Steve, I'm just not conviced that there is anything of any real value being gained for anyone other than our learned friend here, thats all. Personally I don't even find it funny, and thats saying something 'cos I can usually get a cackle out of ALMOST anything!

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Take your point, no more for me to say on the subject...........

+ Reply to Thread