Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: All exported colts have to be tested for EVA

All exported colts have to be tested for EVA

MAF (Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries) have advised us that the Australian Quarantine Inspection Services (AQIS) have made it compulsory from 1st March 2012 that all colts to be exported to Australia have to be blood tested for EVA (equine viral arteritis).

More...

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Just curious to the costs involved in testing for EVA and how long it take's for the results to come back.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Triple where are you, i thought you would of researched this and had the answer for me by now.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Falcon Seelster was classified as an EVA shedder preventing his return to NRS for a number of years.2000 - 2003
    When he was finally tested as clear to return to NZ he had to kept in quarantine at the stud for 2 - 3 further years.
    He was continually undergoing tests in that period.
    For him however history shows it was well worth the costs. (to which I am not privvy).

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Tony

Yes i was aware of Falcon, the reason i'm asking is with the yearling sale's on next wk i wonder how long would one have to wait after the purchase of a yearling colt before he or she can bring the colt over to Aus. I know this testing has only just been introduced but i wonder for future reference would it be beneficial for the vendor to have this done before the sale's.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    You would expect that it was in the vendors best interest to provide a tested and clear colt if they want to sell but it seems that this year the onus will be on Australian purchasers to do the wheeling nd dealing to get their colts home.
    i do hope this does not impact further on the sales. The current economic climate we are hoping the colt market is supported from Australia. and on a personal note the colt I am hoping to bring us some cash via his USA owner is sold to someone who can afford it...Australian..!!!

+ Reply to Thread