Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts with Murray Sullivan and Cold Mountain Stud

Flashing Red

Thoughts with Murray Sullivan and Cold Mountain Stud

Not sure if everyone knows, but the flooding has been particularily bad in Qld the past 24 hours. Cold Mountain Stud has gone completely underwater and trainer Murray Sullivan is stranded on the house roof waiting for help to arrive. The good news is that he has finally been contacted (as posted by someone on his Facebook page) and it shouldn't be too much longer before he is rescued. The sad news is that it is unsure how many horses have been lost. He posted to his wall that one had already drowned and got swept away.

I cannot fathom the bravery of this man to stay and try and save his horses at the risk to his own life. A true champion. I can only hope that for all his efforts that a majority of his steeds can be saved. This does not look good, with the water reported to be up to their necks already (several hours ago).

Praying for miracles. Hang in there Murray. I hope the rest of the horses survive. Prayers also for anyone else who has been effected and especially those caught off guard at Toowoomba. A sad day for Qld indeed.

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Thank you for posting this,
    Good and bad news in there, keep us updated.

nat
    Well put Flashing Red when you have had a bad day and then think what the people caught in this disaster are going through what has happen to you pales into insignificants. I cannot think of a more tragic situation than to have to leave your animals to fend for themselves know this is it maybe the end. It goes to show to all the do goods that racing people love their horses and would put their lives on the line to save them.

Thoughts and prayers to all in the floods

Flashing Red
    Latest news is that they have stopped resuces for the night, as far as everyone knows he is still on the roof of his house. Hopefully he has been picked up and has just been unable to contact anyone.

Hang in there Murray.

Flashing Red
    After 13 hours on the roof, Murray finally got picked up. He knows some of his horses survived as he could hear whinnys in the morning. They will go back today if they can to see who has survived.

Thank goodness he is OK, very sad about the loss of what he thinks to be all of his yearlings and whatever else

Senior Member Colt Phoenix will become famous soon enough Phoenix's Avatar
    Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    unbelievable how one year the region is dying for water and now there's water killing people and animals...

very sad news. there's nothing more to say..

triplev123
    Geeze, tough effort that, hard as Nails & something to be admired.
    Well done Murray. Hope you & your horses are Ok.

triplev123
    Hey Flashing,
    I believe Murray is now in Hospital...had Hypothermia I was told.

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    I feel really sorry for all those affected over in Queensland. We have been through a lot with the ChCh Earthquake and can share the pain.

Flashing Red
    He had been picked up by a few friends, I bet he is glad for a warm bed tonight.

+ Reply to Thread