Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Atkinson sentenced by court

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole

Atkinson sentenced by court

Trainer Dean Atkinson yesterday appeared at the downing centre court for a sentencing hearing. He received 100 hours community service for each of the three charges he plead guilty too.

Only info I can find in the media is at
    http://www.rsn.net.au/news/racing/be...news-wrapfeb27

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    It looks like people are in shock with the sentence given out, as there is no comment...........HRNSW gave him a 10 year disqualification, which appears sufficient given he pleaded guilty!!

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    It looks like people are in shock with the sentence given out, as there is no comment...........HRNSW gave him a 10 year disqualification, which appears sufficient given he pleaded guilty!!
    I wonder if he had pulled a similar stunt on the stock exchange would they have deemed the offence to worthy of more punishment.
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Personally, whatever decision a court of law brings down on Mr Atkinson, I think is neither here nor there. The fact that he is disqualified for a lengthy period of time from the sport is what is important. Now its up to HRNSW to ensure the disqualification period of ten years is robust enough to withstand an appeal.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    Personally, whatever decision a court of law brings down on Mr Atkinson, I think is neither here nor there. The fact that he is disqualified for a lengthy period of time from the sport is what is important. Now its up to HRNSW to ensure the disqualification period of ten years is robust enough to withstand an appeal.
    Totally agree. Ten years means ten years! The disqualification period fits the crime.

Real Name
    Andy Macole
    My take on this is that 300 hours is at the top end of a comunity service sentence. The others in this case that have pled not guilty may be playing hard ball because I get the impression that with out the guilty discount they may well end up with custodial sentances.

I also wonder if Atkinson packed his tooth brush to go to court.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Hasn't he only got to do 100 hr's ? That's only 12.5 day's work if it is 100
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    Andy Macole
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Hasn't he only got to do 100 hr's ? That's only 12.5 day's work if it is 100
    100hours x 3 for each charge. You don't see people get much more than 300 hours
    Last edited by tiny; 03-02-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    100hours x 3 for each charge. You don't here people get much more than 300 hours
    but to be served concurrently, so he only has to do 100 hours

Real Name
    Andy Macole
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    but to be served concurrently, so he only has to do 100 hours
    That not the impression I got. I thought 300 hours. If it is 100 hours that's pretty weak.

+ Reply to Thread