Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Membership of clubs

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker
    I was .. before they got rid of metropolitan racing in NSW : )

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    I too was a member of the NSW harness racing club. I discontinued after the move to Menangle it's to far to go to often and the members don't really get anything any better than the general public there anyway.
    That makes two of us,no benefits with membership.

Member Filly eljay will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lloyd Jury
    Occupation
    Retired
    Auckland Trotting Club and the Cambridge Raceway clubs (Cambridge Te Awamutu, Morrinsville, Bay of Plenty) Joined when started racing first horse about 1989.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    I've never really looked to get anything over & above in return for membership dues...other than maybe a car parking spot that doesn't require of me a 4 day trek to get trackside and maybe the opportunity to buy something reasonable to eat when and if I feel the need.
    On the rare occasion I do make it to trackside of a Friday or Saturday night I really don't want to sit around at a table eating and talking to people anyway. That's not the reason I went there in the first place. I've knocked back a number of very kind invites to trackside marquees & so on because while they're without doubt very, very pleasant, that's not what going to the races is all about for me. Perhaps if I went along one night with my wife I'd think about it a little differently but I'd much rather be out the front on the grass watching the racing...even if that means dinner is a steak sandwich and a beer on the run. The only trackside marquee that I LOVE to get a bait to is the one at Bathurst on Gold Crown Final Night and even then, that is me polarising around self interest because at around that time of the year in Bathurst, once the sun goes down...it can get very bloody cold and in that marquee they often have a series of rather welcome gass heaters. On that score, Danny, Marianne, if you guys are reading this, could you please save me a seat.

Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    Merged duplicate threads, please only create one per topic.
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    None. My licence gets me anywhere I need to go. If it doesn't I dont go

Senior Member Colt LisaB25 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lisa Bendotti
    Horses
    Hillview Aussie, Choccy Mac
    Bunbury trotting club, even though owners passes get you into all tracks, gives you and a guest access to the members bar/lounge. Ideal in winter when it's wet and cold and good spot to get together with a group of friends and have dinner etc.

Member Filly montana will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dean Shannon
    Occupation
    unemployed
    i am not a member of any club , i dont go to the races that often. to be honest i am not sure what the membership benefits are in queensland or even if they have memberships.

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Only have membership of our home club, Blayney. Though I am thinking of extending that to include Bathurst as it makes sense whilst we have horses trialling and racing. Must admit though, if we didn't have horses, we would probably only go to two meetings a year, the Blayney ones!
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Gday Ray

My wife, son and myself are members VHRSC (Vic. Harness Racing Sports Club)
    Cheers

+ Reply to Thread