+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Art Colony

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Hi Mango, Thats right and the chance of a discount could be there.
    Triplev123, Hmmmmm

Member Yearling jammsb will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Two answers:
    (1)Competition
    (2)Competition
    Ontario is loaded with quality stallions, both proven and promising.
    Indiana has a few promising horses, but nowhere near as many nor as good as Ontario.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Jammsb
    Competition thats a fair call but can you tell me what stallion would you go to under the $3,500 mark in Ontario. I do believe if he was $2,500 he would get he's mare's. He must of been a great looking yearling as he was purchased for $157,000 and Casie Coleman who has raced some nice horses really rated this horse. He hit the board 12 out of 13 starts and when looking at the horses he raced he didn't race 2nd rate horses. If you get the chance go to you tube and see if you can find the interview which was done with Casie about this horse.

triplev123
    You can buy Art Colony's 4yo unraced half sister, Stonebridge something or other...by Rocknroll Hanover, for $4,000.

triplev123
    Correction...$3,500.
    You can also buy an Abercrombie half sister to McArdle in foal to Totally Western for $4,500.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Triplev123
    What's the cost to get one out to Australia.

triplev123
    G'day Mango,

Last time I looked you'd have to allow about $AUS25,000 landed.
    That might have changed somewhat in recent times with a much better Fx to the USD.

PS. How's your foot?

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Triplev123
    Thanks for that, had the bone shaved in the joint of my foot and they removed a wedge of bone from the first joint of my big toe so hopefully i'll be back to normal but all good i won't be missing the sale's. Wonder if the a.p.g will supply me a buggy to get around lol.

triplev123
    Excellent. Nothing like a bit of Carpentry. Sounds like a Bunion? I've got one on my right foot, started from badly fitting football boots as a late teenager then got roughed up later on down the road from steel cappers that I used to wear at work. Every so often it gives me buggery. There's a place here in Sydney that sells new and 2nd hand Golf Buggies. www.golfcart.com.au. They're over on Mitchell Road at Brookvale. Manager's name is Dave Smith. You can get a 2-4-6 or 8 seater models. Late on Sunday afternoon when everyone's got jack of walking about at Randwick there might even be a quid in zipping them around to various Barns. The trick is to get one with some kind of a tray on the back. Then you fill it with ice and fire a couple of slabs into it and you can also sell cold beers as you go. Last year it got so hot out there on Saturday afternoon I'd have paid anything for a coldie. Janet Moore must have sensed my distress and came to the rescue with an almost frozen can of Coke. Drinking it was close on being a spiritual experience.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I wish a bunion was all it was and i think the 8 seater could be the go i'll start around noon i'll hand out flyers with my number and prices on it so if you need one in a hurry i will be there. I'm going to put an add in the trotguide the thurs before to see if i can find someone to take over for me at 3pm cause a few beers on a hot day and driving around just ain't a good mix. Any advice on what i should charge per metre.

+ Reply to Thread