Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Karloo kix ok to race, pending enquiry

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisi View Post
    Can't see in any of the reports how Barry Lew pleaded, he got six months for using steroids, what a joke these penalties are.
    Being a bit harsh, 40 years with a clean record must count for something.

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by clumsy View Post

Disagree 40 years must have known cant use steroids that are performance enhancing just hope he learns.

Member Gelding Itisi will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mick Tobias
    Quote Originally Posted by clumsy View Post
    40 years with a clean record means f... all he has been found guilty of using steroids,penalties have to be a lot harsher to deter these people who want to cheat. The one thing that I can't get my head around is why would he start now.

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisi View Post
    40 years with a clean record means f... all he has been found guilty of using steroids,penalties have to be a lot harsher to deter these people who want to cheat. The one thing that I can't get my head around is why would he start now.
    Obviously thought he could get away with it didnt and now pays the penalty.Sad thing is Karloo Mick an iron horse is now tainted in some minds

Member Gelding Itisi will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mick Tobias
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    Obviously thought he could get away with it didnt and now pays the penalty.Sad thing is Karloo Mick an iron horse is now tainted in some minds
    Still like to find out how he pleaded

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Looking back through other releases of drug hearings the term "pleaded guilty" and "Found Guilty" are used.
    Without the transparency of a fully minuted hearing report (as per norm for Australian hearings) I presume "found guilty" follows from a not guilty plea.
    The report for the LEW case says "found guilty".
    Last edited by teecee; 03-20-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    He mightn't have known what it was and believe me he is paying for it in more way's than you will ever know. And knowing the type of person he is he probably pleaded guilty and manned up and took the penalty .
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    He mightn't have known what it was and believe me he is paying for it in more way's than you will ever know. And knowing the type of person he is he probably pleaded guilty and manned up and took the penalty .
    Teecee is right if it is reported as "found guilty" then Barry Lew either pleaded not guilty or did not enter a plea when charged, in that case the stewards are required to make a finding of guilt or otherwise before proceeding.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    He mightn't have known Are you suggesting Mr Lew is dumb? C'mon of course he knew. what it was and believe me he is paying for it in more way's than you will ever know. And knowing the type of person he is he probably pleaded guilty and manned up and took the penalty .
    Is he paying for it and feeling sorry that he cheated, or just feeling sorry he got caught?
    But good on him for pleading guilty and copping it.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    So Barry has been found guilty. Are we, Joe Public, entitled to further information from the panel in regards as to why the boldenone levels exceeded the prescribed acceptable levels and/or is there any information forthcoming that would explain how the excessive levels came to be in the horse.

As Greg stated, if Barry was the type of bloke to put his hand up, has he admitted to administering the prohibited substance himself? And if that was the case, is this why he only got six months.

I am not hanging the bloke, got too much respect for him. But to remove or confirm suspicion it would be more helpful for all concerned, if more information was made available. Or would HRNSW rather keep their cards close to their chest until after Mach Wipers case is dealt with? Too many unanswered questions floating around.

+ Reply to Thread