Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Gday Dan and Bailey and thanks for your help! Young bloke extermely inquisitive about all things harness racing. Usually about things like this I can't supply a quick answer too!

You're right Dan. Doesn't matter which track. The amount of ground is the same per lap per sulky width. But we are getting 8.5 metres per lap (4.25 per turn). What are we doing wrong?

Using Gloucester Park as example. Says radius of turns 82m's. Translates to circumference 515.2m. Assume width of sulky + distance between 1.35m. So do calc again based on radius 83.35 (82 + 1.35) gives me circumference 523.7m. So 8.5m further for 1 lap. Do again based on radius 84.7 (82 + 1.35 + 1.35) = 532.2m. Again + 8.5m for 1 lap.

Thanks again for your help
    Cheers
    G'day Paul,
    your not doing anything wrong!
    your maths are good, it was mine that were flawed, I was only adding gig width to diameter not radius, hence my figures approx half yours. My excuse is it is many years since I was Lukes age and did these calcs myself....AND in those days I was using feet not metres, so old figures in head didn't kick in. ( My forte' is excuses)

Cheers,

Dan

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Thought this horse Yucatchim, in the Boort Cup yesterday, deserved special mention for a pretty quick 2nd qtr of the first mile if you believe the article...

I backed the 2nd horse Amadmancomesundone who, although brave, on times had no chance.

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=17898

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    Thought this horse Yucatchim, in the Boort Cup yesterday, deserved special mention for a pretty quick 2nd qtr of the first mile if you believe the article...

I backed the 2nd horse Amadmancomesundone who, although brave, on times had no chance.

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=17898
    Will win grand circuit races if he can pull of quarters like that!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Unfortunately, that quarter was 30.4 not 20.4!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Amadmancomesundone got some justice last night winning the Ararat Cup after getting a beautiful trail behind the leader and sprint laning. He was as stiff as buggery the week before doing all the bullocking work and getting nabbed in the final stages at Boort. Love to see consistent horses get their rewards.

+ Reply to Thread