Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: One for the Mathematicians

One for the Mathematicians

What are the odds of picking 8 winners in a row EG: Race 1 to 8 ?
    I know this varies based on each race and the odds for each horse but an average figure any one ?

Senior Member Colt Phoenix will become famous soon enough Phoenix's Avatar
    Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    it will vary hugely even if you change the field in one race by one runner either way...

This is due to the multiple effect of that one more or one less runner affecting all of the combinations.....

Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    Moved to Handicapping/Wagering
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

Flashing Red
    I read on the USTA several months ago a track in the USA that was offering 10 million, for a bet that cost 50c, where you had to pick the first 4 home in 4 races or something along the lines of that. I can't remember, I just know a huge amount was on offer (how they could afford to pay it is beyond me) but was told it would be just about impossible! May try rummage round and find the article to get accurate info

I was trying to work out a reasonable amount/prize for tipping competitions, I doubt I'll be offering 10 mil haaa. I've seen people tip quite a few in a row I'll try to find the example later

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by tippingboard.com View Post
    I was trying to work out a reasonable amount/prize for tipping competitions, I doubt I'll be offering 10 mil haaa. I've seen people tip quite a few in a row I'll try to find the example later
    If someone picks out 8 horses and they all start at $2 the chances of all of them winning is 1/256 (with a 100% market, eg no TAB takeout). So its pretty slim chance that someone will actually pick 8 winners in 8 predetermined races.

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    I once backed the program at HP but didnt win anywhere near 1 million let alone 10

Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    You can get insurance on things like this - though not sure if it would be completely legal due to betting restrictions. I do know that there are companies that will offer things like "hole in one insurance" so that golf courses can hold competitions with big prizes.
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

Banned Colt thesushitrain is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    You can get insurance on things like this - though not sure if it would be completely legal due to betting restrictions. I do know that there are companies that will offer things like "hole in one insurance" so that golf courses can hold competitions with big prizes.
    all their doing is offering 150-1 odds to the person for an event worth 250-1

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    I did it about 30 years ago at Dubbo one night and Dad tipped the programme at Bankstown to some client's they didn't have a bet for the first 3 races as they didn't want to knock his prices off they couldn't understand why he hadn't had a bet so they asked why and were horrified when Dad told them i have never had a bet in my life he listened to every race broadcast on the wireless and watched on tv every race possible over the year's and could tell you the breeding and form for every runner on a card in NSW.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

+ Reply to Thread