Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who can find 13, $2 winners?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh

Who can find 13, $2 winners?

Think of donating $100 to an experiment.
    Find a 2-1, $2 winner with a $100 bet, it wins, you get $200...
    Repeat this by putting your $200 on the next 2-1 shot...win, hopefully, get back $400.
    Successfully do this 13 times and u have $1,638,400!
    Use $1,000 and u only need 10 2-1 consecutive winners. It could be $2 the place, a $2 quinella, whatever. It could be trots, races, dogs, footy... U may only have one bet on this per week or fortnite or just wait till u are happy with the biggest chance to win based on a 2-1 shot drawn 1 or 2 for example...

Try an experiment starting with $1??? See if u can do that 10 or 13 times...

Wouldn't it just be hilarious if a Harnessracingforum.com fan pulled off $1.6 Mill!!!!!!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Ash, if I can back 2 in a row, I buy myself a lottery ticket. Thirteen...dreamin'...

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    2-1 is $3.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Doesn't quite work that way. The closer you get to 13 the more you begin to crush you price with the weight of your bet. By the time you get to number 10-11- 12 your 2-1 shot is going to go off at $1.04. In economic paralance I think it's referred to as 'The Law of diminishing returns'

Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    Not to mention (if my math is right) the chance of that happening is 2 to the n-1 = 1/4096. We're gonna need more forum members. When I was about 10 I dreamed of doing a similar thing playing roulette, but as my math improved I realized it wasn't really possible. Even if you do get lucky with the doubling strategy they set table limits so prevent it.

(On a related note I once bet my mate $5 on a coinflip, lost, double or nothing'd six times and lost them all (chance of that is 1/64). He was pretty happy when I dropped off $320 the next morning.)
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    I have done this with sports betting which someone named "The 52 Week Challenge"
    start with $100 and look for a $1.20 certainty each week. Roll it into the next week and in 1 year you have $1m
    My best effort was 17 in a row. Then one Saturday night Souths beat Manly at Brookvale. I had $5,725 on Manly.

It is hard to get that far but then, as you approach the bigger numbers, you will either kill your own return on the parimutuels (as VVV stated) or the bookies will refuse your bet as the liability is too high. "Hi, can I have $600k on Djokovic over Hewitt at $1.20 please?"
    Last edited by G-Mac; 03-16-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mac View Post
    I have done this with sports betting which someone named "The 52 Week Challenge"
    start with $100 and look for a $1.20 certainty each week. Roll it into the next week and in 1 year you have $1m
    My best effort was 17 in a row. Then one Saturday night Souths beat Manly at Brookvale. I had $5,725 on Manly.

It is hard to get that far but then, as you approach the bigger numbers, you will either kill your own return on the parimutuels (as VVV stated) or the bookies will refuse your bet as the liability is too high. "Hi, can I have $600k on Djokovic over Hewitt at $1.20 please?"
    Who's offering $1.20 Djokovic over Hewitt? I will rustle up 600k!! Hahaha

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Doesn't quite work that way. The closer you get to 13 the more you begin to crush you price with the weight of your bet. By the time you get to number 10-11- 12 your 2-1 shot is going to go off at $1.04. In economic paralance I think it's referred to as 'The Law of diminishing returns'
    Fixed odds 2-1???
    Who knows if there is a limit to a TAB accepting for example a $600,000 bet???

+ Reply to Thread