Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is the winning post???

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,

Where is the winning post???

I am sick of watching, races trying to work out the winner in a close finish and the winning post can't be found? There are lot of tracks where it is impossible to line up the horses with the wining post, IF there is one! What is going on?

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Yeh, that annoys the Hell out of me too.
    I always have trouble with that when I watch Harness Racing at The Gold Coast. They seem to pace well on by the camera before they actually reach the line.
    Maybe one of those projected things ala the 1st down line they put up on screen in the NFL would be of some use?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    I remember when we use to have 'em and we had just as good an idea as the caller who had got up. I think clubs reckoned they looked a bit old fashioned and didn't fit into the new slick racing experience they put on for the trendy crowds they try to attract. You know the type, skirts up to there and tripping over their high heels, giggling and full of bubbly trying to impress the young bucks...you know those ones too, full of courage as they yahoo and yehah all through the race and then when they cross the line they say, "Who won?" Sorry mate, couldn't see or hear over you. But God, thats a great looking finish post eh!

Now they build ridiculous monuments like at Canberra and Flemington gallops, Menangle (I dont know how Kevin gets it right, but he usually does). I always fall for the inside horse at Eagle Farm even though history says the outside horse always gets it.

But I agree with you Steve, just give us a winning post we can see, not set back 3 metres.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    You would also think in this age of technology etc, that the race camera would be located exactly in front of the finish line?

Member Yearling ARTOFFICIAL will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Damien Saxon
    Check out the winning posts at Shepparton and Melton in a tight finish.......

Member Yearling geoffkel will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Geoff Parsons
    Shepp is the worst. It is actually placed going into the 1st bend and not in the straight.

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    Melton is a stinker. I don't get how they could have got it so wrong seeing as they built the track from scratch. Is it just me or does the finish line run diagonally across the track?
    Last edited by G-Mac; 03-16-2012 at 05:11 PM. Reason: typing skills failure

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    I am sick of watching, races trying to work out the winner in a close finish and the winning post can't be found? There are lot of tracks where it is impossible to line up the horses with the wining post, IF there is one! What is going on?
    Its probably because of this.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Jesus Lucky, first time I've seen that. Have just realised after watching it ten times, still don't know what won the race!!

Was the finish painted in invisible ink?

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    The winning posts at Boort today and Launceston this evening. Nice and simple. The camera may not be lined up directly on either of them, but geez its a bit easier to work out the result without having to contend with one of those monumental monstrosities. The K-I-S-S approach still works for me.

+ Reply to Thread