Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Siejka "warned off"

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,

Michael Siejka "warned off"

HRNSW have warned off Michael Siejka for failing to comply with requests to prioduce certain documents.........See link below.........similar to the Robbie Byrnes matter!
    http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=17912

OR

The Harness Racing NSW Board has “warned off” Trainer Mr Michael Siejka for failing to comply with repeated directions to produce his telephone records, bank and financial statements in relation to the current HRNSW investigation into alleged corrupt and improper practices within the NSW harness industry.
    Mr Siejka’s failure to comply with this direction has the capacity to interfere with or frustrate the ongoing investigation into allegations of corrupt conduct which strikes directly at the heart of the integrity of the Harness industry.
    The warning off is effectively immediately.
    Note: The Australian Harness Racing Rules relevant to this matter are:
    Rule 187 (2): A person shall not refuse to answer questions or to produce a horse, document, substance or piece of equipment, or give false or misleading evidence for information at an enquiry or investigation;
    Rule 187 (3): A person shall comply with an order or direction given by the stewards;
    Rule 187 (7): A person who fails to comply with any provision of this rule is guilty of an offence.

Harness Racing NSW (HRNSW) is the controlling body for harness racing in New South Wales with responsibility for commercial and regulatory management of the industry including 31 racing clubs across the State. HRNSW is headed by an industry-appointed Board of Directors and is independent of Government.
    To arrange an interview or for further information please contact:
    Name: Reid Sanders
    Position: Regulatory Manager
    Phone: (02) 9722 6600
    Email: rsanders@hrnsw.com.au
    Last edited by The Form Student; 03-21-2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Copy of full report

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    We were given a heads up last week by Reid that matters would be coming to light in the not too distant future and it would seem that we are now getting a steady stream of participants being dealt with by HRNSW. Patience is a virtue.

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    We were given a heads up last week by Reid that matters would be coming to light in the not too distant future and it would seem that we are now getting a steady stream of participants being dealt with by HRNSW. Patience is a virtue.
    I can tell from the posts on the site, that we are now leaving the investigations to HRNSW, as they have now "taken the bit between their teeth" and are rolling along in front on a tight reign!

Member Yearling hillbillydeluxe will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Michael Freeman
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    now-Generals Daughter & Passaic River
    there is the difference-
    If he were subpeoned he would have a notice to produce documents but as it a request by HRNSW he declines and suffers there consequences according to the rules of Harness Racing not the laws. the police should subpeona the docs via a court of law then the penalties are far greater.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbillydeluxe View Post
    there is the difference-
    If he were subpeoned he would have a notice to produce documents but as it a request by HRNSW he declines and suffers there consequences according to the rules of Harness Racing not the laws. the police should subpeona the docs via a court of law then the penalties are far greater.
    Well what matters is HRNSW have drawn the line in the sand, if you are thought to be frustrating or delaying the ongoing investigation by refusing to cooperate, then you are for the chop.

Congratulations HRNSW board on a very strong message continuing to be sent.

Member Yearling hillbillydeluxe will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Michael Freeman
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    now-Generals Daughter & Passaic River
    Totall agree VOR
    I want to enter back into this industry as an employer and want it to be squeky clean. I applaud HRNSW I just hope more funding is available for the longterm.

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Totall agree VOR
    I want to enter back into this industry as an employer and want it to be squeky clean. I applaud HRNSW I just hope more funding is available for the longterm.
    If the racing industry win the court case against the corporate bookies and betfair there will be, if not the Government will have to drop its take out to fund the integrity side of all codes.

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    there is the difference-
    If I were handing over my personal and private documents, I would want to know who exactly is going to be looking at them, and that a signed confidentiality agreement made as a minimum............there needs to be some parameters set as to what is reasonable to provide........I am sure that I would want solicitor's costs involved to be paid for by HRNSW...........but if someone refuses, I don't think they should be warned off completely..........that is they should only be not registered with HRNSW.

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    If I were handing over my personal and private documents, I would want to know who exactly is going to be looking at them, and that a signed confidentiality agreement made as a minimum............there needs to be some parameters set as to what is reasonable to provide........I am sure that I would want solicitor's costs involved to be paid for by HRNSW...........but if someone refuses, I don't think they should be warned off completely..........that is they should only be not registered with HRNSW.
    I am sorry Steve with the greatest of respect the last part of your post is utter rubbish, if you can not have the right to warn them off, no one would comply.

Think about it ,if you have done something like be involved in corruption like Dean Atkinson he gets ten years disqualification.

You know the records you are asked to provide will convict you, so you don't comply and only get not registered in NSW ....surely you were only joking.

I do however agree that HRNSW should if asked, supply confidentiality confirmation and I am sure they would have.

I will ask this question however, what information if any has leaked from HRNSW during the current investigation ....none to my recollection

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    I am sorry Steve with the greatest of respect the last part of your post is utter rubbish, if you can not have the right to warn them off, no one would comply.

Think about it ,if you have done something like be involved in corruption like Dean Atkinson he gets ten years disqualification.

You know the records you are asked to provide will convict you, so you don't comply and only get not registered in NSW ....surely you were only joking.

I do however agree that HRNSW should if asked, supply confidentiality confirmation and I am sure they would have.

I will ask this question however, what information if any has leaked from HRNSW during the current investigation ....none to my recollection
    If you haven't produced the documentation, which you may have your own justifiable reasons for not doing so, therefore you are saying they are guilty and should get warned off..........they should just not be allowed to be registered by HRNSW any longer in any shape or form........but do you have the right not to allow them entry to a racecourse?......I think the civil libertarians would be objecting strongly! It is the same as refusing someone on religious grounds etc, all you can do is deny them access to registration........they have not shown themselves to be a criminal or dangerous person, and you are accusing them of this........they can still go to a TAB anywhere, but you won't let them on a racecourse.........I think this is a dictatorship policy, and they would lose in court!
    Last edited by The Form Student; 03-21-2012 at 11:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread