Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Michael Siejka "warned off"

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    THere is greater requirement for registered or licenced persons under the rules to comply with the requirements of those rules.
    Such agreement is a condition of licencing or registration.
    As such failure to comply will / should lead to greater sanctions for these licenced persons who fail to comply with orders legitimately made under the rules.
    It is the same in any area. Lawyers, teachers etc have a greater requirement to comply with the rules governing their profession than "Joe Public".

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    THere is greater requirement for registered or licenced persons under the rules to comply with the requirements of those rules.
    Such agreement is a condition of licencing or registration.
    As such failure to comply will / should lead to greater sanctions for these licenced persons who fail to comply with orders legitimately made under the rules.
    It is the same in any area. Lawyers, teachers etc have a greater requirement to comply with the rules governing their profession than "Joe Public".
    If you don't have the information to charge them in your own right, you don't expect them to supply it to you.........Really!....When someone becomes a 'registered person", I am sure they don't realise they could be expected to hand over their banking details or phone records at any time!.......If you have a specific allegation for a specific day and time and request verification........then so be it! Anyone can be warned off at any time if it takes the boards fancy!........The persons have not complied with a request to supply documents.........the document is not relevant to the day to day situation of being a registered person, and therefore unless a specific request is made, why would someone give over their full records.

Banned Foal Ardvark will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mark Advark
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    When someone becomes a 'registered person", I am sure they don't realise they could be expected to hand over their banking details or phone records at any time!.......If you have a specific allegation for a specific day and time and request verification........then so be it! Anyone can be warned off at any time if it takes the boards fancy!
    That is probably the greatest post I have ever read on this forum. It is like going to a library or video store and they lose a book or movie and ask for your bank records cause you were there within a week of the crime?? Please.... does ANYONE on this forum want to hand over their personal records to any authority other than the police....now let's be honest for a minute....I wouldn't trust anyone with my personal details if I was innocent or guilty!!
    Last edited by teecee; 03-22-2012 at 03:20 AM.

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    The process is extremely simple. Abide by the rules under your license or take HRNSW to court or in fact HRA as these are national rules. Good luck with that Ardvark. If you don't want to work within the structure that exists find another occupation.

Banned Foal Ardvark will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mark Advark
    Ron Coote, I am not a licenced person so I dont have the misfortune of being subject to such draconian rules. If an allegation is levelled against you, you must answer it, other than that licenced persons should not have to be the bait in fishing expeditions by HRNSW or any other authority!

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    You blokes are kidding HRNSW get 10 /10 for this from anyone who wants the sport cleaned up.

If licenced people just please themselves which rules they comply with and which ones they don't there will not be an industry in a week.

Its like the bloke who refuses a breath test, drunk or not the magistrate will penalise him as if he was, maybe even more, when a penalty is handed out it has to fit the crime but it is also expected to have a deterrent effect to stop others acting in a similar manner.

With the way HRNSW have handled Byrnes, Vallender and Siejka others will think twice before they refuse directions out of hand.

Most sporting bodies have these powers now, how do you think they have caught or proved footballers betting on games or cricketers fixing matches ect ect.

For the record Vallender's warning off was only lifted by the appeal judge when he agreed to hand over his records, so make no bones about it HRNSW have the power under the law remember their power to regulate the sport is not god given it is given by the government by act of parliament the same government who also make the laws of the state.

Mark and Steve if your not licensed or own a horse you have nothing to fear HRNSW will never worry you.... but the licensed people who do not breach the rules have nothing to fear from HRNSW either.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    I am sorry Steve with the greatest of respect the last part of your post is utter rubbish, if you can not have the right to warn them off, no one would comply.

Think about it ,if you have done something like be involved in corruption like Dean Atkinson he gets ten years disqualification.

You know the records you are asked to provide will convict you, so you don't comply and only get not registered in NSW ....surely you were only joking.

I do however agree that HRNSW should if asked, supply confidentiality confirmation and I am sure they would have.

I will ask this question however, what information if any has leaked from HRNSW during the current investigation ....none to my recollection
    Think you've gone a bit hard on Steve here.
    If somebody, even a registered body, from anywhere asked me to send off any kind of private docos I'd be very wary.
    That said I still agree with the warning off.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    You blokes are kidding HRNSW get 10 /10 for this from anyone who wants the sport cleaned up.

If licenced people just please themselves which rules they comply with and which ones they don't there will not be an industry in a week.

Its like the bloke who refuses a breath test, drunk or not the magistrate will penalise him as if he was, maybe even more, when a penalty is handed out it has to fit the crime but it is also expected to have a deterrent effect to stop others acting in a similar manner.

With the way HRNSW have handled Byrnes, Vallender and Siejka others will think twice before they refuse directions out of hand.

Most sporting bodies have these powers now, how do you think they have caught or proved footballers betting on games or cricketers fixing matches ect ect.

For the record Vallender's warning off was only lifted by the appeal judge when he agreed to hand over his records, so make no bones about it HRNSW have the power under the law remember their power to regulate the sport is not god given it is given by the government by act of parliament the same government who also make the laws of the state.

Mark and Steve if your not licensed or own a horse you have nothing to fear HRNSW will never worry you.... but the licensed people who do not breach the rules have nothing to fear from HRNSW either.
    Getting an RBT is a bit different to divulging ones finances....
    That last sentence, believe it or not some people can see past just their own interests. If an innocent party was asked to hand over records they'd have to be wary.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    So here is the chance for HRNSW to get rid of everybody they don't want in harness racing........Let's send out a letter requesting every registered person send in their banking statements and phone records for the past 6 months!..............so the one's that don't comply that we want to get rid of, we warn them off........the others who have sent them in........let's go through them and see what everybody is up to?.......There you go, most of these outstanding matters are now solved! I dare the HRNSW to ask registered person, for example, Mr Kevin Seymour (most probably registered in HRQLD) to produce his banking and telephone expenses for the past 6 months.......Mr Seymour seems like an outstanding person.......but he would most probably tell them to go and XXXX OFF! Most places when you go for employment and accreditation only request that you obtain a copy of your Police record showing matters in the past 10 years.......if it is clean........all is OK!......If you are running a Childcare centre, then there are other checks!...........fair enough! The moral of the story is that if you wish to persist with "criminal activity" in harness racing is that you get a 2nd phone and bank account! I think that requesting copies of their TAB accounts would possibly show some more interesting information! I would also expect that in the current investigation, that they have been unable to obtain the phone and banking records of the HRNSW staff at the centre of this enquiry, and therefore that would obviously reflect the information they are seeking from the individuals that have been/about to be warned off with non compliance!

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    So here is the chance for HRNSW to get rid of everybody they don't want in harness racing........Let's send out a letter requesting every registered person send in their banking statements and phone records for the past 6 months!..............so the one's that don't comply that we want to get rid of, we warn them off........the others who have sent them in........let's go through them and see what everybody is up to?.......There you go, most of these outstanding matters are now solved! I dare the HRNSW to ask registered person, for example, Mr Kevin Seymour (most probably registered in HRQLD) to produce his banking and telephone expenses for the past 6 months.......Mr Seymour seems like an outstanding person.......but he would most probably tell them to go and XXXX OFF! Most places when you go for employment and accreditation only request that you obtain a copy of your Police record showing matters in the past 10 years.......if it is clean........all is OK!......If you are running a Childcare centre, then there are other checks!...........fair enough! The moral of the story is that if you wish to persist with "criminal activity" in harness racing is that you get a 2nd phone and bank account! I think that requesting copies of their TAB accounts would possibly show some more interesting information! I would also expect that in the current investigation, that they have been unable to obtain the phone and banking records of the HRNSW staff at the centre of this enquiry, and therefore that would obviously reflect the information they are seeking from the individuals that have been/about to be warned off with non compliance!
    Steve I enjoy reading most of what you write, however you have come up with the biggest load of rubbish I have read for a while. Once you become licensed or a member with any organization you are obliged to follow the rules of that organization, this applies not only to sport but also trades eg. builders plumbers etc.
    As for TAB accounts, second phones and bank accounts don't you think that these are some of the records being requested by HRNSW.

+ Reply to Thread