Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Greenwald 1971

Junior Member Foal Jinki will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jinki Wally

Greenwald 1971

To settle a dispute, can someone please tell me who trained Greenwald in the early 1970's. I know that Jack McGrath bred the horse, not sure who trained him. Many thanks.

Junior Member Weanling Bingo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Will Fry
    Vaguely remember his name, before my time. I see he won the 1969 SA derby with E Jennings driving. Also the Mt Gambier track is named after him.

Junior Member Foal Jinki will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jinki Wally
    Hi Bingo - yes, Ted jennings nearly always drove Greenwald, just that I wish to confirm the name of the trainer? Yes, the track at Mt Gambier was named after Greenwald, he was agreat horse.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinki View Post
    To settle a dispute, can someone please tell me who trained Greenwald in the early 1970's. I know that Jack McGrath bred the horse, not sure who trained him. Many thanks.
    Sorry Jinki,
    can't help with the bet, but he was a mighty horse for his time, and well travelled as well. I remember him winning a FFA at Cessnock NSW one night around '70 or '71, he blitzed a field of pretty fair horses and ran a tick over 2.00, which at the time, was pretty much unheard of other than the recently invented Miracle Mile.

Cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinki View Post
    I'm assured that the breeder Jack McGrath, also trained as the horse. And Neville Clarke drove him when he went 1.59 in a time trial at Terang.
    Last edited by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild; 03-25-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Member Gelding Tangles will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mj mcmillian
    Jack Mc Grath trained Greenwald and was named after the region of Greenwald half way between Mount Gambier and Heywood. It was not unknown for Greenwald to serve a mare on his way home after he raced.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    It was not unknown for Greenwald to serve a mare on his way home after he raced.
    [VVV] Many years ago when he was single Mightymo used to do something similar on his way home from Moonee Valley.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    [VVV] Many years ago when he was single Mightymo used to do something similar on his way home from Moonee Valley.
    When he jumped the fence, did he have one of those miners lights on his head so he could make sure it was a mare???

Junior Member Foal Jackmgrathmyfather will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jean Hourn
    Jack McGrath was my father. Him and his wife where the strappers and the stable hand he was more often than not the trainer

Junior Member Foal Jackmgrathmyfather will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jean Hourn
    Jack McGrath was my father, any other questions you have please let me know

+ Reply to Thread