Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Horses that perform better with a different driver

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    She won a race at Harold Park one night the only horse in the race i think.
    Yes, I now remember that race, wa sit a walkover! The other horse Doug drove was a brown or black horse for A J Lewis, and it won many races for them! Can't think of it's name at the moment? Any suggestions?

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    It was a bloke called Ron Wiegold from Eugowra way and the horse was called Artys Boy. He often did race two or three times a week.

Have a look at his records...he would regularly race at Harold Park and the next day got carted out to Peak Hill, Narrabri, Parkes or Cowra for another crack at some prizemoney. A tough little horse that REALLY DID give his all.

Interesting to see it was none other than John McCarthy himself that got the last win out of him up at Toowoomba in 1998.
    He had another horse, Sams Memory that had over 170 starts. Was only thinking of him the other day, fellow I was talking with recalled that Ron had put a special cushion floor in his float, and never hoppled the horse at home, "He knew what the hopples were for." In one conversation with Ron many years ago he spoke of using one of the first horse spas built. It was in Dubbo and he said that he regularly took his horses there, at least once a week.

Just noticed that both horses were by Mannart Full Speed and were his top and third best earner! Perhaps Ron discovered the secret to getting them going
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Harvey bred one a while back that Neil Brady trained & drove, went really wel too...and I reckon it spelled during the journeys up and down the Hume Highway.
    Brady always races them.

+ Reply to Thread