Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Welcome home!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,

Welcome home!

Glad to see you home Walshie! Hope you have plenty of luck!

Walsh Back Home In Australia

28 March 2012
    by Greg Hayes

Peter Walsh.

Leading trainer Peter Walsh has returned to Australia after a successful stint in the United States Of America and despite being home just over a week has already attracted a team of horses at Menangle. Walsh was busy during the recent yearling sales in Sydney, Bathurst and New Zealand and purchased a number of yearlings.
    “It has been a little bit hectic because I have only been back just over a week but we flew to Melbourne first and I caught up with some of my family and since then we have been here in Sydney,” Walsh said
    “While I was still in the United States I was actually buying the yearlings back here in Australia for some of my American owners Marc Hanover and Gordon Banks and in total I ended up buying them six plus I have some two year olds and an aged mare from Spreydon Lodge has arrived too so I have a number of horses around me already.”
    Walsh always planned to return to Australia to train and believed now was the perfect time to leave North America.
    “I thought the time was right to leave New Jersey because my stock wasn’t as strong as I would have liked and it doesn’t matter where you are in the world you need the horsepower to be competitive.”
    “Add to that the fact that the metropolitan prizemoney at Menangle is as good as anywhere in the world it made perfect sense to return and set up a stable here, I would have liked to have set up my own farm but there wasn’t one suitable and once they get the complex finished at Menangle it is going to be a great setup.”
    Unfortunately for Walsh there has been a delay in some of his belongings arriving in Australia but his family are enjoying their new surroundings.
    “The contents of our house in The States were due to arrive here at the start of April but now they tell me it won’t be here until the middle of April but my wife, my 21 year old daughter and my four year old twins are loving it, we’ve eaten a t-bone steak, had a meat pie and had fish and chips too, all the things I had really been missing.”

Harness Racing NSW (HRNSW) is the controlling body for harness racing in New South Wales with responsibility for commercial and regulatory management of the industry including 31 racing clubs across the State. HRNSW is headed by an industry-appointed Board of Directors and is independent of Government.
    To arrange an interview or for further information please contact:
    Name: Dale Walker
    Position: Marketing Manager
    Phone: (02) 9722 6600
    Email: dwalker@hrnsw.com.au

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Welcome home Peter. Welcome home.

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    Great to have you home Pete. Good luck!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    It also sounds like you haven't lost your appetite either!

+ Reply to Thread