Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NSW Industry wins Race Fields Legislation Case

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Some more good news. Apparently Bathurst HRC have their plans for a new 1000m track on the old Saleyards site about to go before Council.

Banned Filly little fish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Username deleted
    Fair dinkum nothing personal to anyone but if you read these forums over a period of time you'd go from suicidal to ecstatic and back and forth, over and over ..... and over...

One minute harness is on deaths door next we're looking to the future with great optimism!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    If that is correct and prize money is going to rise from 22k to 50k it will be detrimental to all harness racing states except N.S.W. Sure, Vic & W.A. will raise their stakes but certainly not to that level and I certainly fear for Queensland S.A. & Tas. There will be trainers relocating to menangle from all states and the industry will be centred in N.S.W. Vic & W.A. will become the also rans and the rest wont exist. Racing Queensland would be looking at this and would be concluding why bother to prop up harness racing in Qld when they can all move down the road to menangle or thereabouts. As I said great for N.S.W. but the other states I'm not so sure.

Member Yearling bbd will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Colin Douglass
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    If that is correct and prize money is going to rise from 22k to 50k it will be detrimental to all harness racing states except N.S.W. Sure, Vic & W.A. will raise their stakes but certainly not to that level and I certainly fear for Queensland S.A. & Tas. There will be trainers relocating to menangle from all states and the industry will be centred in N.S.W. Vic & W.A. will become the also rans and the rest wont exist. Racing Queensland would be looking at this and would be concluding why bother to prop up harness racing in Qld when they can all move down the road to menangle or thereabouts. As I said great for N.S.W. but the other states I'm not so sure.
    relax everyone! It was an April fools joke.
    Looks like it was a good one
    Last edited by bbd; 04-03-2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: bad spelling

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    1) It was an April Fools Joke.
    2) HRNSW is its own business separate from RQLD, RWWA, HRV so if they wanted to put prize-money to $100,000 that's their decision. However, I do sympathize with other states being left behind.
    3) Other states will, I believe, get the same benefits eg their market share of race field fees. NSW isn't the only state to benefit from this.
    Last edited by aussiebreno; 04-03-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Member Gelding Itisi will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mick Tobias
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    1) It was an April Fools Joke.
    2) HRNSW is its own business separate from RQLD, RWWA, HRV so if they wanted to put prize-money to $100,000 that's their decision. However, I do sympathize with other states being left behind.
    3) Other states will, I believe, get the same benefits eg their market share of race field fees. NSW isn't the only state to benefit from this.
    This action does not apply to Victoria I found out, they signed an agreement a year or so ago and went down a different path to NSW. I received an email today from Betfair saying that it will cost them six times more to put their product in NSW and will try to sought something out soon.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisi View Post
    This action does not apply to Victoria I found out, they signed an agreement a year or so ago and went down a different path to NSW. I received an email today from Betfair saying that it will cost them six times more to put their product in NSW and will try to sought something out soon.
    Six times more.Bloody hell,does that means no more Betfair in NSW.BELIEVE THAT AND YOU BELIEVE IN THE TOOTH FAIRY.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Betfair have been giving this a fair old workout of late. http://startupista.com/corporate-bullshit-generator/

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Im pretty certain the current agreement in place in Victoria expires at the end of the season. Thats assuming they dont enact legislation prior to that finishing date

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Betfair have been giving this a fair old workout of late. http://startupista.com/corporate-bullshit-generator/
    Betfair must have used this BS Generator liberally to write this crap http://www.racingandsports.com.au/ra...r_Announcement

+ Reply to Thread