Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NSW Industry wins Race Fields Legislation Case

Junior Member Yearling William will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    William Child
    Perhaps now the total turnover figures from all sources will be made public. Most of us have noticed the decline in TAB pools, and some have alluded to some of this drop-off being made up for by an increase in fixed odds betting, but the actual figures have never been published to my knowledge.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    It is a huge win for NSW. Atleast the money is IN THE BANK and does not have to be chased. The corporates get no sympathy from me, come to think of it no bookie does. If they are going to whinge about the lack of competitiveness after this loss, then they can go and cry in their own tea cup. They invited themselves into a market place that has given them squillions for nothing. Maybe they will run a book on which business will go broke first.

See V'Landys reckons he can start spending up on infrastructure after the win. Hope someone reminds him there are racing clubs outside the city limits and some realistic funding is earmarked for us country cousins who survive or perish on decisions that are made not fully comprehending the importance that country racing plays in our lives.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Done good, played strong. No more ex-Tedesco's Hire Suits for Peter.

aussiebreno
    Sam Nati was just on 2ky, plans for Menangle prize-money to jump from $22 to $50K and for normal C front races to be $10,000 by the 2014-15 financial year on the back of this result. That's great news, if that is the general trend for all states harness racing (and all racing) will once again be one of the dominant sports in the country.

Real Name
    William Child
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Sam Nati was just on 2ky, plans for Menangle prize-money to jump from $22 to $50K and for normal C front races to be $10,000 by the 2014-15 financial year on the back of this result. That's great news, if that is the general trend for all states harness racing (and all racing) will once again be one of the dominant sports in the country.
    That's amazing. It's hard to believe that a club which sometimes has win pools of $14 000 on Friday and Saturday nights can generate enough commission to cover that kind of prizemoney, unless there is huge betting with fixed odds operators which is currently going unreported.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    That's amazing. It's hard to believe that a club which sometimes has win pools of $14 000 on Friday and Saturday nights can generate enough commission to cover that kind of prizemoney, unless there is huge betting with fixed odds operators which is currently going unreported.
    Maybe I should have upped my figures....what was the date yesty champ?
    But yes, a fair whack of money would go to corporates.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Well done brenno.

Banned Filly little fish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Username deleted
    Great news for the industry. Those figures are hard to believe though - 50k for your M0-1-2 etc? If true that is incredible. If it comes to fruition it will have a positive knock on affect at the sales too.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Thumbs up

In all seriousness, that was a VERY BIG effort from Peter V'Landys.
    Never one to allow the grass to grow under his feet, now he's going after wagering Tax relief from the NSW Government. If he gets that up, as far as Harness Racing is concerned it will represent a NSW TAB Distribution/Race Fields Legislation/Wagering Tax Relief Trifecta.
    I've been a critic of his on numerous occasions over the years, the most recent being his offer/behind the scenes push to provide out-sourced Stewarding for Harness Racing, but credit where it is due. He deserves our thanks.

Real Name
    William Child
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Maybe I should have upped my figures....what was the date yesty champ?
    But yes, a fair whack of money would go to corporates.
    very good

+ Reply to Thread