Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NSW Industry wins Race Fields Legislation Case

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Thumbs up NSW Industry wins Race Fields Legislation Case

The full bench of the High Court threw out the appeal. Nice work fellas.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-3...site=melbourne

Member Yearling geoffkel will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Geoff Parsons
    Will be interesting to see what happens from here on!!!!

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Indeed.
    I'm no great fan of the NSW TAB because only for the fact that they have been dragged kicking & screaming into the 21st century by way compeition from the advent of Betfair & the Corporates, NSW Punters would not have & enjoy the wagering landscape they do today.
    That being said, both Betfair & the Corporates need to pay their way as far as their use of our Industry's race fields are concerned. You can't put your cattle next door to eat the neighbour's grass then go off to the saleyards, sell them and keep all the proceeds. It just does not work that way.
    This is the upbeat message that the NSW Industry has been hanging out for and I'm thrilled that it has come to pass.
    Last edited by Triple V; 03-30-2012 at 01:41 PM. Reason: added a bit

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Bonza,bonza,bonza,bonza!!!! Like everyone I was hoping and praying justice would prevail, and it has!

Member Gelding Itisi will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mick Tobias
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Indeed.
    I'm no great fan of the NSW TAB because only for the fact that they have been dragged kicking & screaming into the 21st century by way compeition from the advent of Betfair & the Corporates, NSW Punters would not have & enjoy the wagering landscape they do today.
    That being said, both Betfair & the Corporates need to pay their way as far as their use of our Industry's race fields are concerned. You can't put your cattle next door to eat the neighbour's grass then go off to the saleyards, sell them and keep all the proceeds. It just does not work that way.
    This is the upbeat message that the NSW Industry has been hanging out for and I'm thrilled that it has come to pass.
    So does this help Vic racing or does it only apply to NSW,and if it does did the industry down here help pay the cost of it all
    Last edited by Itisi; 03-30-2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Correction

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisi View Post
    So does this help Vic racing or does it only apply to NSW,and if it does did the industry down here help pay the cost of it all
    I'd assume Vic would get all the benefits from no effort.

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I'd assume Vic would get all the benefits from no effort.
    Spot on. They all sat back and waited to see what would happen from this and offered zero help.
    And in the mean time did their best to advance their own industry while NSW was handicapped.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Question

I think you're being a bit harsh re: VIC.
    How else would the upper echelons be able to accumulate enough promotional money to...

...buy some R. M Williams moleskins.

...pick up a Tooralie jumper.

....some Ray Ban aviators and...

....head off to hob knob around the bar in Centre Square at 'The G'?

Junior Member Weanling jimmy777 will become famous soon enough jimmy777's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jim Boyd
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Indeed.
    To be fair to NSW TAB, I think they have been paying the 1.5% on turnover for a long time now and have been at a disadvantage to the Corporate bookies who have been paying zilch, nothing.
    The interesting thing will be to see how they all, corporates and TAB, react to playing on a level playing field????

Member Gelding The Rainmaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Eric Strong
    This is great news. I am interested to see how much extra $$$ per annum this will pour into the HRNSW coffers and how it will be used. Hopefully it will be used to reinstate/program extra meetings for those clubs who recently lost out under the HRNSW 2012/2013 plan and to boost prizemoney at meetings in NSW other than Menangle metro.

+ Reply to Thread