Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: There's a 3x3 you don't see every day- 2yo filly in VIC

Junior Member Weanling Beecow will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brian Cowley
    Occupation
    Writing.
    Hi all,
    I've gone to Gotta Go Cullect with a mare that traces to the influential mare Norice (imported in 1903) on her dam's side. Norice will therefore appear four times on the resultant foal's pedigree via Gotta Go Cullect's dam, Elect To Live. Of course, we're talking eight, nine and 10 generations back so the chances are that her genetic input may have been long lost. However, it didn't seem to hurt Elect To Live, a brilliant filly and racemare and, seemingly, a broodmare of great potential. Anyone have any thoughts on how far back you can go before a bloodline ceases to have an influence on current stock? Some of the examples above make fascinating reading and I wish you all the best of luck with your enterprising matches. I think Smiling Shard gives encouragement to anyone considering a 3x3 mating or similar - though it helps when the common factor is Blue Horizon or, in the case of Life Sign and American Ideal, Three Diamonds.

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    I look 3 generation and no further.
    Triplev123, the 3 by 3 Abercrombie takes about 4 years to come good

triplev123
    Indeed it does Justdoit, but it equalled its lifetime mark in the process and with a last to first sweep no less. Just glad to see that he's staying off the pylons these days.
    Incidentally, you can blame Brett Coffey for that. It was his idea.

Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    I would think that he is getting the blame for much more these dayshahaha
    He is a good guy just a shame he is from WA...........
    Last edited by justdoit; 01-29-2011 at 05:59 AM. Reason: from

triplev123
    His Mum bemoans the fact that Brett doesn't look after his lawn and garden quite as well as he should.

Sadly, our mate is no Don Burke.

Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Well I did hear once that if you do not mow the lawn the chances are someone else will cut your grass that is.
    It would have to be easier just to get the pool cleaner to put in that little bit extra

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Didn't Tesio say return to the sire the best blood of his dam other words cross on maternal blood i think it is good idea to keep the maternal sides strong

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Indeed it does Justdoit, but it equalled its lifetime mark in the process and with a last to first sweep no less. Just glad to see that he's staying off the pylons these days.
    Incidentally, you can blame Brett Coffey for that. It was his idea.

...and he stormed home from the rear in 1:53 & a piece last night, drawing off on the line.
    I let Brett know.

Flashing Red
    My little breeding experiment is gone, the mare was found dead in the paddock 2 days ago. They are checked (when fed) twice a day, she was fine the night before, but in the morning she was gone Really gutted because I liked the mare a lot, doubly gutted because the little Flashing Red is gone too :'(

triplev123
    Geeze that's horrible news Flashing. Very sorry to hear it. Been there before and no doubt will one day go there again. Shocking stuff. Never gets any easier either but nevertheless, keep your chin up.
    We got a call earlier this morning that one of our in-foal mares was ill. Got out there and I couldn't tell if she had Colic or a virus. Breathing heavy but no apparent temperature, head down, not eating, dull & depressed but didn't seem to be in any obvious pain. We had one come down with a Ross River like virus about 12 months ago now & aside from no sweating she was very similar. So I walked her & walked her & then my brother & Dad arrived & they did the same until the Vet got there. She did an internal examination and sure enough, she was certain it was Colic. Into the jug. with some very big needles full of the appropriate drugs & down the nose with the white snake for a big bucket of saline & liquid paraffin & in minutes she had brightened up considerably and I expect will soon enough be crapping through the eye of a needle at 40ft. Vet thinks the foal might have caused it, thinks it must have turned and gotten into an uncomfortable spot by squashing the poor old girl's innards. Buggers of things, they get crook when you least expect them to.
    This one's in foal to American Ideal, she's carrying a half to the big colt that we sold in Sydney. That's him as a foal in the pic to the left there incidentally.

+ Reply to Thread