+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Two-Hour Arrival Returns to Menangle "Metro"

Banned Gelding racefair will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jett Miller

Two-Hour Arrival Returns to Menangle "Metro"

03 April 2012

The Board of Harness Racing NSW today resolved to reintroduce the two-hour on-course arrival time for horses engaged at Tabcorp Park Menangle metropolitan meetings..
    This policy takes effect from the fixture at Tabcorp Park Menangle on Saturday 14 April and will apply to all meetings held at the venue on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
    The one-hour arrival time will remain in place for all other meetings unless otherwise directed by the HRNSW Regulatory Department.

Harness Racing NSW (HRNSW) is the controlling body for harness racing in New South Wales with responsibility for commercial and regulatory management of the industry including 31 racing clubs across the State. HRNSW is headed by an industry-appointed Board of Directors and is independent of Government.

To arrange an interview or for further information please contact:
    Name: Dale Walker
    Position: Marketing Manager
    Phone: (02) 97226600
    Email: dwlaker@hrnsw.com.au

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    I'm waiting for the race day D-Barns to come into play & they will, no risk. That'll square a few sails to the wind.

aussiebreno
    What are peoples ideas on penaltys?

I would have thought scratchings would be high up there on the list of consequences?

I don't know if he was a minute late or an hour late but L McCarthy got a $100 fine Sat night for being late.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by racefair View Post

03 April 2012

The Board of Harness Racing NSW today resolved to reintroduce the two-hour on-course arrival time for horses engaged at Tabcorp Park Menangle metropolitan meetings..
    This policy takes effect from the fixture at Tabcorp Park Menangle on Saturday 14 April and will apply to all meetings held at the venue on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
    The one-hour arrival time will remain in place for all other meetings unless otherwise directed by the HRNSW Regulatory Department.

Harness Racing NSW (HRNSW) is the controlling body for harness racing in New South Wales with responsibility for commercial and regulatory management of the industry including 31 racing clubs across the State. HRNSW is headed by an industry-appointed Board of Directors and is independent of Government.

To arrange an interview or for further information please contact:
    Name: Dale Walker
    Position: Marketing Manager
    Phone: (02) 97226600
    Email: dwlaker@hrnsw.com.au
    There is no doubt about the reasoning behind the return to this strategy. I really don't think anything more needs to be said.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Thumbs up

As it pertains to TC02 testing, I understand 2hrs pre race arrival being used a preventative measure...however there's no risk whatsoever that 2hrs post race is an absolute clincher. It cannot be beaten.
    Also, if it's deemed to be important enough by Regulatory to have a 2hrs prior arrival for Metro races in place then it should be 2hrs prior for everything....because in the end, a race is a race is a race C0 or M0. It is also possible that TC02's are not their only target. Things that make you go hmmmmmm.
    In the longer term, and as I've mentioned before on this subject, I'd like to see a mandatory D Barn for ALL of our Feature/Classic/Futurity races.

Junior Member Weanling Bingo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Will Fry
    Would love to see detention barns in place at all the major tracks for the feature races. The trainers/drivers and horses would quickly adapt to it. And also help the punters confidence.

+ Reply to Thread