Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First run back from a spell...

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker

First run back from a spell...

After a couple of weeks of Harness Racing rehab after three return flights to Perth for the Inters etc etc etc ... i.e the Wife and Kids arrived home from the States, I got home from work this evening to an empty house and snuck online for the last @ Menangle.

I was on the winner, so happy days ... but the drive on the stablemate was so atrocious in it's obviousness that even the stewards, in a hurry to get home for their meat and three veg, could well of missed it. Although I doubt it. Let's see the betting sheets, do we still have those ?

It pulled so hard so hard in an absolute crawl to get rearward, the young blokes arms must be three inches longer, that I'm surprised the horse didn't hit the deck. It was some run but can I get a Lbs of Scotch Fillet and dozen Pork Snags please Mr Butcher ?

Bon Apettito

Real Name
    Robert Parker
    zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz

they're asleep at the wheel

not even a QDT

Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Check the drive on Friday v yesterday. Exclude the stablemate and the race was vastly easier than Friday. For mine it's a superior horse than the winner, which I was on, but next time the shoe will be on the other foot and I'll be mighty pissed.

Unless the stewards report says otherwise, those guys weren't doing their job out there yesterday. Must of been schnitzel, chips and squires night at the Valley Inn : )

Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Might be time for the 1A, 1B limit the opportunities for a little double dipping.

Real Name
    Robert Parker
    What does the Form Student say ?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Parker View Post
    What does the Form Student say ?
    Well HP'er, I hate to say this, but I agree with you on this.......the 2 drives were opposites, I can only think that they feel the horse needs to be driven with cover?......But watching it's 2 runs I don't think that carries any weight......it looks like High Flying Diamonds is a very nice horse, and if it went forward would have most likely have beaten the stablemate as you say! In the first run the horse was driven more aggressively than the 2nd.....and in the second run after easing back to last has run home very strongly.....this is always going to be a query when a stable has multiple runners in the same race!.........we will see if the stewards report (when it comes out) from Tuesday contains any comments about the race!

I am not sure about the stewards report for last Friday at Menangle, there was not one fine, supension, COT, reprimand or trial given out........not a damn thing.......it looks like it was a stewards "dream come true"!

Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    Well HP'er, I hate to say this, but I agree with you on this.......the 2 drives were opposites, I can only think that they feel the horse needs to be driven with cover?......But watching it's 2 runs I don't think that carries any weight......it looks like High Flying Diamonds is a very nice horse, and if it went forward would have most likely have beaten the stablemate as you say! In the first run the horse was driven more aggressively than the 2nd.....and in the second run after easing back to last has run home very strongly.....this is always going to be a query when a stable has multiple runners in the same race!.........we will see if the stewards report (when it comes out) from Tuesday contains any comments about the race!

I am not sure about the stewards report for last Friday at Menangle, there was not one fine, supension, COT, reprimand or trial given out........not a damn thing.......it looks like it was a stewards "dream come true"!
    RACE 9 – GROUP ONE GLORY SATURDAY 28 APRIL PACE – 2300 METRES
    Pre race blood samples were taken from JULIUS APOLLO and SLIPPERY NEMO.
    A pre race Veterinary examination of JULIUS APOLLO which was having its first race start since 29 January 2011 revealed no significant abnormalities and the horse was passed to take its place in the field.
    Trainer H Illistom was fined the sum of $50 under Rule 210 for failing to declare J Douglass as the driver of MIN MIN LIGHTS by the prescribed time.
    The explanation tended by Trainer D Thorn regarding the late notification of M Rue as the driver of JACCKA TWAIN NZ was accepted.
    LENNYS IN HEAVEN, which led the event hung out when placed under pressure leaving the 200 metres affording SKIPPERS CANYON an inside run.
    Post race swab samples were taken from JACCKA TWAIN NZ.

= zzz zzz zzz

I think they've gone into hibernation.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    I've just had a look at this race. Got to say that (High) Flying Diamonds ran a race in keeping with how he raced here. ( a local horse). Kept for one run 250 / 300 metres after having a run on the back of another runner is and always has been his real go. I do think that not getting the cart up when the driver obviously wanted it 600 out was a blessing in disguise as going that early he wouldn't have run home so well. Kept for the last run after doing no work is his go. Looked like the diamond I know well.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    I don't know the horse, except for it's 2 runs here, but I felt they think it needs to be driven with cover. it still made a long run and was still giving on the line, making up ground, the previous week, it was coming away from them at the finish...........I think it may be a bit stronger than we think, if it progreesed outside the lead it would have won, cover or no cover!

+ Reply to Thread