Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Menagle 22k 3yo fillies race - May 11th

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Thumbs up Menagle 22k 3yo fillies race - May 11th

You'd have to think, you'd hope that the Trainers will step into this one with their boots on. Some smart programming here with the specific aim of keeping Classics/Oaks winners out of the field to give the other fillies a crack at the better $.

MEM11051205
    MS THREE YEAR OLD FILLIES PACE
    $22,000 3YO, Mares, 1609 PBD/3C
    non winners of a race more than $12000 this season

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Great programming triple. Means there is some of the pie is being spread around. Good stuff.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

A bit of a Renaissance in NSW Handicapping?

Isn't it. I first heard about it last night.
    I hope NSW Trainers get behind 2yo & 3yo Metro races at Menangle because to date it has been a so so response. In return I also hope that Dave continues to set similarly conditioned races to keep encouraging them to do so, especially so the Country Trainers.
    I'm not advocating a complete shut out...but it does no good if Menangle Metro $ 2yo or 3yo races are conditioned in such a way as to be continually wide open for the one or two locally trained killers in each division to drop in and beat up on everyone else.
    We live in hope.

aussiebreno
    Maybe once a month yes (if there was 4 a month - which there isn't) its a good thing to give the others a crack; but the good ones still need somewhere to race as well and that should be on a Metro stage. It is a good race condition don't get me wrong, but should only be used sparingly.
    The metro tracks are for the best; generally speaking country racing is where programing should help out lessor class (no C or M class, ability-wise) horses.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Consistently/regularly would be a better outcome. The mindset is that there's no value in say Scandalman for example coming back from Great Northern Derby/NZ Derby class to beat crap out of a bunch of 3M0's/3M1's in a 3M0 & better event.
    He & horses of his ilk are still going to win their share, regardless. They don't need to donkey lick the others in races that often amount to little more than paid track work outings.
    As I said, I'm not advocating a shut out...but at the same time when set down such races simply aren't standing up as regularly as they should because without such backs on them, the killers are able to drop in and so once they do nobody accepts and can you really blame them?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Consistently/regularly would be a better outcome. The mindset is that there's no value in say Scandalman for example coming back from Great Northern Derby/NZ Derby class to beat crap out of a bunch of 3M0's/3M1's in a 3M0 & better event.
    He & horses of his ilk are still going to win their share, regardless. They don't need to donkey lick the others in races that often amount to little more than paid track work outings.
    As I said, I'm not advocating a shut out...but at the same time when set down such races simply aren't standing up as regularly as they should because without such backs on them, the killers are able to drop in and so once they do nobody accepts and can you really blame them?
    I know you've said you aren't advocating a shut out but I must stress you have to be careful with the consistency, the good ones need to get race fitness somehow and if a handy but not great filly wins this race she might get stuck racing in a $5000 C0.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    True. I don't envy the handicapper's job. Keeping everyone happy will be a difficult task.

+ Reply to Thread