Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Menangle Selections- OPEN AT OWN RISK!

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Exclamation Menangle Selections- OPEN AT OWN RISK!

By way of not letting last night's disgraceful peformance stand in the way of another tilt at the Windmill...

Race 1- Millwood Meg
    Race 2- Motu Crusader
    Race 3- Western Gold
    Race 4- Jaccka Twain
    Race 5- Lincoln Royal
    Race 6- Excel Stride
    Race 7- Eloquent Babe
    Race 8- Hayden
    Race 9- Waldenburg
    Race 10- Bettor Be Red
    Race 11- Red Samurai

C'mon all you old shaggers. Time to pony up your selections. Let's see your form!

aussiebreno
    Not having a bet of course. Very limited study.

Rc1No10 Buckeye Nation. Gets in with a claiming driver, won similar races recently.
    Rc2No6 Motu Crusuder. Third up now, down in class. Should win.
    Rc3No4 Western Gold. Debut for Luke McCarthy.
    Rc4No3 Baileys Magic. Not the strongest M0 (some nice horses though) and has only run behind Karter Brown and Matai Zinga who are both pretty smart.
    Rc5No2 Mr Feelgood. At his best just wins...but is he at his best?
    Rc6No4 Keayang Cullen. A roughie, Excel Stride undoubtedly is a deserved favourite, but I really like this bloke.
    Rc7No3 Bainfield Washington. In with a claim, drawn nicely should win.
    Rc8No7 Magic Franco finished close up at Bathurst and Hewitt has had some success recently at Menangle.
    Rc9No2 Charlie Machsheen. Is he the best in the race? No. Is he my favourite in the race? Yes.
    Rc10No4 Bebrave. Close up at Bathurst should go close.
    Rc11No7 Red Sumaria. Followed this guy since he was a freshman.

It seems we agree on three races. If I must pot one of your selections right now it would be Hayden. Don't really rate him. I know too say that about a Bernie Kelly 2yo is either brave or stupid, or possibly both.

Senior Member Colt Mark Croatto will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mark croatto
    Straight off the top of my head:

Race 1 Itaintover
    Race 2 Magic Operative (Neil Day double)
    Race 3 Western Flare
    Race 4 Baileys Magic
    Race 5 Mr Feelgood
    Race 6 Excel Stride
    Race 7 Moonlight Hussey
    Race 8 Wolfpack
    Race 9 Waldenburg
    Race 10 Bebrave
    Race 11 Jinja Gal

Regards

Mark

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Yeh, went with him because of Bruce, in 2yo races he does everything short of picking them up & carrying them to win & also I think the horse might be one of those that's stronger than he is fast at this stage of his career (that's a bit of a Life Sign trait all over anyway) & I think they'll go hard up front tonight so it might be his night to keep coming & close into the faster early fractions. The best laid plans....

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Thumbs up

6 - millwood meg nz 11.30 2.40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdFIXsrjkXI

aussiebreno
    Last night a slender profit, tonight a tidy profit. Well done Triple.

Wolfpack...great drive. Lincoln Royal...OUCH.

Junior Member Foal Joy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Marie Ross
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    Lady Joy
    I'm putting the house on Captain Joy in the 5th

Junior Member Foal Joy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Marie Ross
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    Lady Joy
    We're on a different time here in Vietnam so I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow to find out how the Captain went

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    He won it Marie. Tipped off the back of Ray Green's horse Lincoln Royal (who'd led from 10) and nabbed him by a short half head in a new lifetime best 1:51.4.
    The first 4 across the line were by Direct Scooter line horses...Mach Three, Mach Three, Courage Under Fire and Courage again.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    So happy that he is continuing to show his brilliant form that he displayed in his younger days. There have been so many knockers over the last couple of years criticising him , saying he was "over the hill".

You might guess that I am a long-time fan of his :-) Incidentally , a bit of trivia , he finished fourth in Smoken Up's 2011 Len Smith Mile at Menangle. When the winner ran an Australian record 1:48.5 , the 2nd, 3rd and 4th placegetters all broke 1:50.

So although it is not a "winning" time , he has actually gone under 1:50 previously.

I could be wrong , but I think he must hold the record for the most number of wins at Menangle.

+ Reply to Thread