Thread: Apgold Videos

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)

Apgold Videos

Comments anyone?

Nearside hind anyone, I would not want a horse I have for sale walking like this in a promotional
    video. lot 41, you would think they could edit it.
    The videos have continued to improve in quality every year, do the owners see the video before
    they are put on the website?

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    No you do not get to see the video untill it's online.

Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    I was not having a shot at the horse, just the video.

Member Filly BenScadden will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    I'm actually pretty well placed to comment on this one, as I own lot 41.

I don't have a problem with the video at all ... the colt is just dancing around and on the toe, rather than being head down and stretching out. He actually used to spend most of his time pacing in the paddock.

For what it's worth, he's clearly the best yearling we've ever been associated with - and we've been lucky enough to be involved with some pretty good ones over a long period of time ... buying and selling for fairly big money. He's about as flawless in terms of conformation as any young horse we've bred ... and a couple of big trainers have already had a look at him and said they loved him. I guess you can see whatever you want in a video if you look hard enough.

Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Hi BenScadden,
    Promotional videos and pictures of horses at any age are hard IMO.
    Last edited by justdoit; 01-20-2011 at 11:04 AM.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Ben
    Nice type and you should do well through the ring and sometime's it is hard to get a yearling to do what you want when you want.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Good Luck with that one Ben and anyone else who has one in the sale. Anyone one coming over to PGG sales in February ?
    Last edited by Don Corleone; 01-20-2011 at 11:07 AM. Reason: spelling !

Member Filly BenScadden will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    He's a precocious young fella ... very full of himself and thinks he's king of the world ... the chances of him walking in a straight line when the video was shot would have been virtually nil ... he just wants to go all the time. I think that's why he's so athletic ... he would spend so much time on our farm tearing around the paddock at a million miles an hour. I think he should do OK on sale day but only time will tell. He's definitely for sale ... we sell em all, basically ... but I won't be disappointed if we ended up taking him home.

And, Don, yes, I'll be in NZ for the PGG sales ... I try to head across every year. Haven't bought one over there for a while, last one was Sapphire Lil a couple of years back.

Cheers

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Small world Ben as I worked a horse out of Lady Lilly Denover, a full sister to Elizabeth Denover. He's out at the moment with a lung ailment.

triplev123
    Strangely enough I was just about to comment in a related thread about what a nice type I thought Ben's colt was & in particular that he had the 'quick feet' the best ones in his immediate family invariably have. The 'quick feet' thing was originally pointed out and explained to me by George Aiken incidentally. I know for a fact George was of the very firm opinion it was something that came down the line from Lumber Dream... and you guessed it, Lot 41 has Adio Annie (by Lumber Dream) as his 3rd dam.
    Over the years I've seen a lot of that damline and up close too because Tony Pace bred quite a few good ones from it & they raced in & around Sydney. In fact for a long while they were nearly all broken in at Riverstone when Dave McGill was doing that work for Tony. To look at Lot 41 reminds me quite a lot of Macrossan... only once he is fully grown I think he will be much more substantial. Good luck with him Ben.

+ Reply to Thread