Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: This is long overdue.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

This is long overdue.

TRAINERS PERCENTAGE INCREASEDTuesday 24 April2012

The Board of Harness Racing NSW yesterday resolved to make the following changes to prizemoney distribution and trainer/driver percentages earned from prizemoney to coincide with stake increases to be introduced on 1 July 2012.

1. Trainers percentage of prizemoney has been increased to 7.5% – Effective 1 July 2012

2. Trainers (7.5%) and drivers (5%) percentage of prizemoney will be paid beyond third place, where applicable, as indicated by the grey shaded area below – Effective 1 July 2012

3. Prizemoney distribution for non-penaltybearing “M”, “C” and “R” races (such as drivers invitation races) is to be the same as the break-up for the “Country Finals”, as indicated below, regardless of what track they are conducted at – Effective immediately

(sorry, can't get the table to reproduce correctly)

Last edited by Triple V; 04-24-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    G'day Jamie,
    I have to say first up, nobody in this game gets paid enough for their skills, hours and risks....
    But at this stage of the ball game I reckon they could have waited a little longer for this, I know you and others are gunna cringe as I bat on once again for the owners!!!
    They finally get a sniff (in NSW) of a bit more incentive in the way of prizemoney increases via "race fields legislation" and some will say this takes too much away.
    Check out the HRA site poll on prizemoney distribution..68% say more money to prizemoney...11% vote increase trainers percentages. I guarantee that less than 68% of respondants were owners, the vast majority of participants acknowledge the need to increase prizemoney first and foremost.

Cheers,
    Dan

Goes to show they're listening doesn't it!

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    G'day Jamie,
    I have to say first up, nobody in this game gets paid enough for their skills, hours and risks....
    But at this stage of the ball game I reckon they could have waited a little longer for this, I know you and others are gunna cringe as I bat on once again for the owners!!!
    They finally get a sniff (in NSW) of a bit more incentive in the way of prizemoney increases via "race fields legislation" and some will say this takes too much away.
    Check out the HRA site poll on prizemoney distribution..68% say more money to prizemoney...11% vote increase trainers percentages. I guarantee that less than 68% of respondants were owners, the vast majority of participants acknowledge the need to increase prizemoney first and foremost.

Cheers,
    Dan

Goes to show they're listening doesn't it!
    Ahh yes the harness.org poll. I seen that and thought that they may as well have wrote are you a) an owner, b) a trainer c) a driver d) a breeder or e) a race club staff!
    Imo the poll was merely the HRA marketing departments way of finding out their audience. Ok maybe not that extreme, but it would have strong correlations. That said I'm merely a fan at the moment and I still voted for owners....trainers can raise fees.
    That said I'm not going to begrudge trainers a bigger share if HRNSW think its the right thing to do.

Edit: That post is an EW bet if I've ever seen one.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Danno I tend to agree. We're not lacking trainers but judging by recent sale results, owners are becoming rarer than a GWS win.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    With an increase in prizemoney both the Owners and the trainer/driver get a bit more. As mentioned above trainers can and have increased their fees.
    We need Owners to re invest in more horses.

Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Ahh yes the harness.org poll. I seen that and thought that they may as well have wrote are you a) an owner, b) a trainer c) a driver d) a breeder or e) a race club staff!
    Imo the poll was merely the HRA marketing departments way of finding out their audience. Ok maybe not that extreme, but it would have strong correlations. That said I'm merely a fan at the moment and I still voted for owners....trainers can raise fees.
    That said I'm not going to begrudge trainers a bigger share if HRNSW think its the right thing to do.

Edit: That post is an EW bet if I've ever seen one.
    G'day Brendan,
    I have no idea how many of those polls you have looked at , but personnally, I've always taken a "cynics' look, just to see what the various radars are displaying.
    During this time I have been surprised rarely by the the polls results, but this was once such occasion. I took one thing from it..that there are very few participants in the silly game that are not involved in ownership... not good news if you are planning on setting up a "professional operation" eh??

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    G'day Dan,

You don't see a 'preventative medicine' aspect to this announcement at all?
    I wonder if we had the prizemoney and %'s in place 3 or 4 or 5 years ago would we have seen the July/August 2011 bombshell here in NSW?

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    G'day Dan,

I wonder if we had the prizemoney and %'s in place 3 or 4 or 5 years ago would we have seen the July/August 2011 bombshell here in NSW?
    From someone who lives and works where we 10% for I dont know how long tho it's now 10% of zilch....
    I think not...IMO

Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    G'day Dan,

G'day Jamie,
    to be completely honest no I did not see that aspect, however that said, do you reckon an increase in trainers take from the prizemoney would have prevented that particular series of incidents?
    No one will ever know for sure we can just offer opinions and personally I think not, these people were not after an increase in their earnings, they were after a quick buck!

One of the people currently under charges from the NSW police was not a trainer at all, but a fully "professional" freelance driver, so I don't think an increase in trainers percentages was going to be any sort of preventative for him do you?

Cheers,
    Dan

aussiebreno
    I don't think it would have prevented it either. The bloke earning hundreds is always looking for thousands, the bloke earning thousands is always looking for tens of thousands, the bloke earning tens of millions is looking for billions etc imo. News of the World journos and editors would have been handsomely paid yet still went for corrupt ways to find stories. Stories that would have had some say in future income perhaps.

+ Reply to Thread