Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Happy Happy Happy Magic :)

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke

Happy Happy Happy Magic :)

Thought I would share with you the joy we are currently enjoying.

Today at Forbes, our girl Cynthia posted her first win as a driver aboard Happy Magic.

Even nicer was the fact that it was a race worth $4,000 plus a gig, trophy and rug to the winner.

Check out the replay at http://www.trotstv.com.au/?id=4249 I may be biased, but I think it was a very cool drive for someone so young.
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    Congratz to Cynthia.... Phil, u must be proud as punch.... Well done to all

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    You're right there Phil about a cool drive, Cynthia drove the perfect race, if the horse was driven one millimetre differently I don't think she gets the cash ( and the gig and the rug).
    Please pass on congatulations to Cynthia, there is nothing like your first winner and that was a cracker of a drive to get it!
    Cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Congratulations Cynthia!! A lovely drive! Cheeers

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Great Stuff Cynthia!!!! As everyone has stated, it was a very nice. Keep up the good work.

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Cynthia is still over the moon about it. I brought her back to earth a little with the comment, "That's your fourth drive, you are now averaging over $1,500 per drive, that's going to be a tough average to keep up!"

On a different note, it was a great initiative by the Forbes HRC to put on such a good prize for R0 horses that had not won a race as it is very seldom that you get race horses of lesser ability for such rewards. It was dissapointing that only 12 horses lined up in the heats on Easter Monday, a fact that many of us that did line up noted. As Cynthia and I discussed going up on the Easter Monday, we only had to finish second last or better to make the final. The horse ran a good third in the heat and then after drawing 5 with an emergency in 1, we didn't feel too bad about going back on Anzac Day. Then a bit of misfortune seen one of the main dangers also scratched and we came into barrier three and as I said to Cynthia before the race, "Today, we lose without excuses. Come out as good as you can and lets see what happens from there." The rest is history

Cynthia was tickled pink with so many people congratulating her, as she said coming home, some of them she didn't even know! I passed the comment that every battler likes to see another battler win, it is nearly as good as winning for themselves. So thank you again to all that passed on congrats, it made it even more special.
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Watched the replay, absolutely 10/10 drive because that is what got the horse home. 'Nerves of Steel' and the 'Patience of Methuselah'... well done Cynthia. Nice to see your colours getting home Phil. Would have been a nice drive home to Blayney that evening. By the by was the caller of the race Bill Palmer, it sounded like him but wasn't sure...its been a while since I've been out there.

+ Reply to Thread