Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Luke Mccarthy enquiry adjourned

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell

Luke Mccarthy enquiry adjourned

Was adjourned until the 21/5 to enable him to review evidence.

Wrap is on www.harness.org/stewards wrap

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    From what I understand, had Luke not faired well yesterday ALL his horses would not have been allowed to start on Saturday night.
    Is that correct?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Barney, I had trouble accessing that story on your link, found it on http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=18136

The most optomistic person in the land would not be too chipper about Lukes current predicament at present. Even if he had the 'lawyer to the stars' Chris Murphy in his corner, what has already gone before ( ie the Barry Lew case), the precedent has already been set. If I was Luke, I too would be getting every stay of proceedings possible and employ any delaying tactic I could to prolong what is a foregone conclusion. I have nothing but admiration for what he has achieved in such a short time and it will be a blight on the industry, but eventually he will have to either prove his innocence or serve a penalty. And before anyone zaps this, there is nothing defamatory here, just my opinion on what is in the public arena. Reckon p plater is correct, the stewards would have imposed their penalty immediately and a lot of horses would have changed trainer quick smart. Other owners should not be penalised.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    From what I was told, in the recent P Morris case, all his horses were barred from racing for 2 weeks after a change of trainer. This maybe incorrect but if true as Brad has mentioned, what a great penalty against some high profile owners who put a lot of money into the sport

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    A Butt issued with a trainers licence here to carry on where T Butt left off. No standown of horses. Same with Barry Lew...no standdown of horses.
    Both cases penalty started immediately.

Member Gelding gregcattell is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    greg cattell
    Occupation
    stockman
    read L McCarthy found guilty today been adjourned till tommorrow for penilty,also read on harness web horse search that B McCarthy is new trainner of some if not all in stable.
    Good luck to all.

Member Yearling Diablo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Miller
    The blight on the industry is if Belinda Mcarthy is allowed to immediately obtain a Trainer's Licence and takeover the team. That would only indicate that L Mc would be calling all the shots. Technically it will be accepted that she would be able to do that, morally it's wrong. In the P Morris case, their horses were sidelined for four weeks while a change of trainer was finalized. What are the rules? They seem to change at various times depending on who's involved. Maybe it's technicalities.
    If L Mc horses are stood down there is a good chance that a prominent owner from the camp will seek an injunction against this weeks meeting. Interesting stuff ahead.

Member Yearling geoffkel will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Geoff Parsons
    This has been happening in all codes for years. If a Freedman got outed then another brother would take over. If John Hawkes had of been done when by himself then one of his sons would have taken over etc.

Member Yearling geoffkel will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Geoff Parsons
    9 Months but this will drag on under a stay I would say!!!

Banned Gelding racefair will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jett Miller
    Unlucky Luke to go on this. I'm sure that you'll bounce back bigger and better. Take a holiday and start again in a few months time. No big problem. You're still way ahead of everyone else and good luck to you for being the smartest and the one to make the most money out of the game.
    On another note, I'd like to know where ALL the pundits are that claimed that it was impossible for Luke to be using performance enhancing drugs?

+ Reply to Thread