Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Luke Mccarthy enquiry adjourned

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    $5 to nothing is about the same odds I think Luke is of beating the charge as well, you can however rest assured if he does I will be waiting for the ticket.

I have to say I have no knowledge on this case however I suspect from chatting with one of Australia's most prominent veterinary surgeons that the defense will be about an issue in the testing procedures used to declare the positive.

You have to remember Jeff Small convinced an appeal judge a few years back the blood was not part of the cardio vascular system and as such was not guilty breach of the prohibited substance rules.
    Bill, thats why the rules were changed so that a trainer is guilty if a horse presents with anything above the allowed limits.....regardless of the reason....you could walk in and say "yeah I don't like him and I put XXXX in the horses feed".....trainer still guilty

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Bill, thats why the rules were changed so that a trainer is guilty if a horse presents with anything above the allowed limits.....regardless of the reason....you could walk in and say "yeah I don't like him and I put XXXX in the horses feed".....trainer still guilty
    P Plater

If they can prove there is a problem with the testing procedure and I am not saying that there is, or that they can but if they can there is no breach because it makes the positive finding null and void..... which is what happened in Queensland with the caffeine positives about 20 years ago.

It is not then about how it got there because it is deemed to not be there.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    $5 to nothing is about the same odds I think Luke is of beating the charge as well, you can however rest assured if he does I will be waiting for the ticket.

I have to say I have no knowledge on this case however I suspect from chatting with one of Australia's most prominent veterinary surgeons that the defense will be about an issue in the testing procedures used to declare the positive.

You have to remember Jeff Small convinced an appeal judge a few years back the blood was not part of the cardio vascular system and as such was not guilty breach of the prohibited substance rules.
    G'day Bill,

The biggest question right now is when will the appeal finally take place...Days of our Lives didn't run this long. Rest assured Bill, the lottery ticket will be ready and waiting for you, but don't be surprised if you get a private message from me detailing mailing instructions for you to send me the ticket because even Rumpole of the Bailey couldn't get Luke out of this one.

+ Reply to Thread