+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Luke Mccarthy enquiry adjourned

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    Doesnt seem to have any racing in his name just driving
    Maybe someone could enlighten us mushrooms. From what I can see Luke does appear to be driving only, and JP Mc is listed as trainer again. Have we missed something or is he still training under a stay?

aussiebreno
    Ok 3 months on....has there been anything done about the inquiry into Mat Rue's drive on Buckeye Nation 14th April. Alcyone do you know anything?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Still training under a stay .
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    17 Sept has come and gone any news or has it been adjourned again

Real Name
    brian campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    17 Sept has come and gone any news or has it been adjourned again
    Answering my own question hearing 2/10

Real Name
    brian campbell
    Now adjourned 13/11 on request of Nsw harness board

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    As Barney said, this time put back at the request of HRNSW stewards due to a delay in obtaining expert advice. From the outside looking in its hard to make comment when we don't know the facts, but really, after all this time, what on earth warrants the stewards prolonging this saga any longer. We have endured numerous adjournments at the connections request, but its starting to look like a joke. Those who have been Lukes loudest critics must be sitting back saying WTF is going on here. From where I am sitting the inevitable is just being prolonged, lets get the show on the road. Six months on the sidelines and back to business.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Brad

It took 18 months for Racing NSW stewards to even charge Gai Waterhouse over her Boldenone positive in 2007, let alone the appeal.

HRNSW stewards are well inside this time frame, this is now the appeal stage and McCarthy is entitled to mount a strong defense, if as part of that defense HRNSW needs to produce new expert evidence to refute expert opinion produced by the McCarthy team at appeal so be it.

You have to remember its not 100 years ago that many Gallops Trainers in Queensland were penalised for positive Caffeine swabs which were all later found to be an error in the testing process hard to say here is your six months back.

I have always been just a little worried that we had 2 Boldernone positives in the one night from the one track it is a pretty amazing coincidence.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    G'day Bill

If I was Luke and thought I was a chance of beating this charge, I would use every available resource, the best possible defence team, scientific evidence, independant witnesses, every delaying ploy possible, every available $ I had and would pour it into as robust an appeal as possible. If I was Luke, I too would defend the largest and most successful training establishment in Australia, that he has built up in recent years with quality horses and good paying clients.

But Bill, like you said there were two Boldenone positives that night at Newcastle, the other of course belonging to Barry, for which after appealling the case was found to have been proven and the disqualification stood. Barry has now served his time on the sidelines. The parallels of both cases draw me to the inescapably obvious conclusion that indeed Luke would need to be just as good an escapologist as Harry Houdine himself. No doubt the introduction of new evidence is the only way that Luke can hope to beat the charge. All I can see is a plethora of "what ifs", "differing expert opinions", hypotheses and hyperbole, mixed in with a dab of supposition and a whole bunch of red herrings thrown into the mix. Result...still gets six months holiday, Dad keeps the business ticking over and all is not lost. Oh! Hang on ...thats already the case. As has been pointed out in the past, the stewards only have to prove that Boldenone was present and exceeded the acceptable threshold (and lets not start another one of those threshold diatribes)..If he beats this charge Bill or indeed gets it downgraded I will buy you a $5 lottery ticket.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    G'day Bill

If I was Luke and thought I was a chance of beating this charge, I would use every available resource, the best possible defence team, scientific evidence, independant witnesses, every delaying ploy possible, every available $ I had and would pour it into as robust an appeal as possible. If I was Luke, I too would defend the largest and most successful training establishment in Australia, that he has built up in recent years with quality horses and good paying clients.

But Bill, like you said there were two Boldenone positives that night at Newcastle, the other of course belonging to Barry, for which after appealling the case was found to have been proven and the disqualification stood. Barry has now served his time on the sidelines. The parallels of both cases draw me to the inescapably obvious conclusion that indeed Luke would need to be just as good an escapologist as Harry Houdine himself. No doubt the introduction of new evidence is the only way that Luke can hope to beat the charge. All I can see is a plethora of "what ifs", "differing expert opinions", hypotheses and hyperbole, mixed in with a dab of supposition and a whole bunch of red herrings thrown into the mix. Result...still gets six months holiday, Dad keeps the business ticking over and all is not lost. Oh! Hang on ...thats already the case. As has been pointed out in the past, the stewards only have to prove that Boldenone was present and exceeded the acceptable threshold (and lets not start another one of those threshold diatribes)..If he beats this charge Bill or indeed gets it downgraded I will buy you a $5 lottery ticket.
    $5 to nothing is about the same odds I think Luke is of beating the charge as well, you can however rest assured if he does I will be waiting for the ticket.

I have to say I have no knowledge on this case however I suspect from chatting with one of Australia's most prominent veterinary surgeons that the defense will be about an issue in the testing procedures used to declare the positive.

You have to remember Jeff Small convinced an appeal judge a few years back the blood was not part of the cardio vascular system and as such was not guilty breach of the prohibited substance rules.

+ Reply to Thread