Occupation
    stockman
    B McCarthy has horses in at Menangle trials today
    Melton Friday,& 9 nominated for Menangle
    Saturday
    Good Luck

aussiebreno

I'll bring the cake....

In all seriousness though it is good news drug cheats get kicked out like this. You never quite know what other horses of McCarthys (and other cheats) had prohibited substances in their system and it sucks majorly for the industry - the day we have a level playing field is the day the sport is allowed to become successful throughout the country. Also, it sucks the horses can just be transferred like that but thems the rules.

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Seems that horses cant be transferred to his wife unless she moves to new stables.Must admit surprised that the people on here who were so forthcoming about Luke being so much better than anyone else have gone quiet now he has been suspended. Personally are disappointed as the sport does need a celebrity and he seemed like the one.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Brian
    Where did you read that the horses can't be transferred to his wife unless she move's to new stables.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars

Member Yearling Diablo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Miller
    I agree 100% with racefair. Under that arrangement, Luke McCarthy didn't recieve a disqualification but purely a hand brake. He will still earn from the sport and maintain all his clients through a puppet. Not just a farce but makes the Stewards and the rules look like imbeciles and treats the honest folk in the sport like mugs.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Well said.

Senior Member 2YO Duane Ranger will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Duane Ranger
    Occupation
    racing journalist

"I've done nothing wrong" - Luke McCarthy

"I've done nothing wrong" - Luke McCarthy

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=97792

Senior Member 2YO Duane Ranger will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Duane Ranger
    Occupation
    racing journalist
    Reid Sanders - HRNSW stringent drug testing

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=97793

Banned Gelding racefair will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jett Miller
    Quote Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
    Making assumptions as to Belinda's credentials as a trainer is a joke. Belinda has held a trainers licence for a number of years and went through the same procedure as anyone else does to obtain one. I think I am safe to assume she did not find one in the packet of cornflakes. As far as her ability as a horseperson, maybe some homework should have been done before comments were passed. Belinda's background in this industry speaks for itself.

I am also assuming I am speaking for a number of wives, partners, girlfriends, stablehands etc etc, maintaining a racing stable is not on the shoulders of just the main man. Speaking from my own perspective, even though my name does not appear next to a horse on a stable return form, nor in a racebook or formguide, does not mean my capabilities are any less than the person, whose name that does appear. I am sure this is the same in Belinda's case. As the saying goes, behind every man is a good woman.

Owners who have horses with Luke, would obviously be fully aware of how the stable operates on a day to day basis and Belinda's involvement with the training of their horses. To openly say that (quote) - if owners retain Belinda as a trainer, then they believe in something else (unquote) - is completely slanderous. It is completely the owner's discretion as to who they place their horse with, and if they retain the services of Belinda McCarthy, they should not be branded with sinister inuendoes.
    I've got no idea about her potential and she could be the next star. I hope that she is. I haven't heard of her as a trainer nor seen her name attached to any winners. So then, the facts are that she has no record like Fitzpatrick, Thorn, or Luke McCarthy himself etc. Nothing slanderous here. Owners can do as they please and you get the point that was being made.

+ Reply to Thread