Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Luke Mccarthy enquiry adjourned

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    It would appear that Luke is not accepting of the judgement and is prepared to take it to the Supreme Court if need be. If I have read the following article correctly has Belinda been denied the opportunity to train the affected horses by HRNSW? http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=97792

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    The whole article by Steve Dolan really is quite a remarkable document. If reported accurately, some of the statements made by Luke opens him up to further action by HRNSW, in particular "I don't have a lot of faith in the people in charge here or their judicial system". Surely as a licenced (DQ) person this statement in the public arena will be frowned upon by the regulatory folk as bringing the sport into further disrepute. Especially after a few weeks ago when Reid Sanders warned licenced persons making such statements that they should be careful with what they say. He really SHOULD have his lawyer speaking for him at all times.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    And then there is this little pearler of a poser to all about the action HRNSW has taken...have they gone too far?

So the question may well be for many, guilty or not, does the punishment fit the crime? Or is Harness Racing New South Wales in their effort to clean the sport up in their State, over flexing their muscle and thus affecting the livelihood of those who are guilty by association only.

Get real. All any of the honest participants could ask for is a level playing field. Sanders is working towards cleaning up the game so everyone gets a fair go. We all knew it was going to get worse before it got better. You cannot expect the industry to have ANY INTEGRITY if they walked away from their recent efforts just because a big name goes down. It is true that there WILL be a big impact in many ways (owners, staff etc) and much disruption, but it should not be the end of the world for an industry that IS bigger than one person. Kudos and congratulations to HRNSW who are stepping up to the mark and not dodging their responsibilities. On the downside they might have a few more legal battles which may be hard to defend but no-one ever won a war without a scratch or two.

aussiebreno
    Although I haven't questioned Belinda's credentials and don't intend to if anyone thinks it is legitimate that she will be training in her own right (why one would think that I don't know) Luke has put that to bed. From the 'I've done nothing wrong' article here is a quote from Luke.

"I will make sure the horses still race and my owners are looked after. I've spoken to most and they're all very supportive," said McCarthy"

If Belinda was to be a legitimate trainer wouldnt it be 'We' or 'our' instead of I and my? Belinda might have her name in the book but Luke has just told us they're his owners and horses, not Belinda's or anyone elses.

There is a lot more I want to say on this McCarthy matter but alas I better not.

Junior Member Yearling William will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    William Child
    Quote Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
    Owners who have horses with Luke, would obviously be fully aware of how the stable operates on a day to day basis and Belinda's involvement with the training of their horses. s.
    Which just goes to underline what a joke it is if the horses can be transferred straight into her name. It will just be business as usual, in other words, no penalty at all

mark diegutis
    Quote Originally Posted by Duane Ranger View Post
    Reid Sanders - HRNSW stringent drug testing

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=97793

Hi Duane , found this article which makes intresting reading re steroids & how they are used .

At the same AAEP meeting, trainer/veterinarian John
    Kimmel – a practicing racetrack veterinarian for several
    years before he became a trainer – stood up in front of 100
    race track veterinarians and asked, “When are we going to
    ban anabolic steroids?” He went on to say anabolic steroids
    allow a trainer to train a horse harder than would otherwise
    be possible naturally and, for that reason, should be eliminated

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    What puzzles me more than anything else at this point is that in recent times here in NSW we've had a Trainer score no less than an apparent Methamphetamine positive, it being an illegal drug that puts you in jail if you're found in possession of it...and we've had another Trainer score an EPO positive, it being a highly restricted and prescription only Human medication that has apparently somehow turned up in his horse...and yet nobody seems to want their respective Jatz Crackers hanging from a Flag Pole?????
    All that anyone and their dogs want to bang on about is Luke's Boldenone overage. Some significant Double Standards at work perhaps?
    I think it was Bruce Fox who recently went for 6 months for Salbutamol/Ventolin and apparently nobody gave a bugger. Old mate the Vet from Liverpool also went for Clenbuterol and again nobody gave a bugger. Barry went for 6 months for exactly the same thing that Luke has gone for 9 months for and once again, as far as Barry was concerned, apparently nobody really gave a bugger.
    The difference between those 3 blokes and Luke? Yep, that's right...here's where the hypocrisy runs rife.
    Those three blokes were not winning race after race after race, week after a week after week...so they were not seen as competition to anywhere near the same degree, so basically nobody cared. Luke was competition however & the outrage is duly multiplied 20 fold.
    Race clean, race fair...my arse. It's smoke and mirrors and by and large it is not about those noble aims at all.
    If it was then the supporters of those views would have thumped Bruce & the Vet & Barry just as much...which they quite clearly have not. This is big target, Tall Poppy stuff, no more, no less. Each one of those blokes, including Luke, has scored just (1) positive...but thus far only one of them has worn the full weight of public criticism.

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain
    This is a very unfortunate situation for Lukes team, but as you have pointed out the tall poppy syndrome seems to be in full swing.

ps
    I hate people that drive Ferrari's

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    What puzzles me more than anything else at this point is that in recent times here in NSW we've had a Trainer score no less than an apparent Methamphetamine positive, it being an illegal drug that puts you in jail if you're found in possession of it...and we've had another Trainer score an EPO positive, it being a highly restricted and prescription only Human medication that has apparently somehow turned up in his horse...and yet nobody seems to want their respective Jatz Crackers hanging from a Flag Pole?????
    All that anyone and their dogs want to bang on about is Luke's Boldenone overage. Some significant Double Standards at work perhaps?
    I think it was Bruce Fox who recently went for 6 months for Salbutamol/Ventolin and apparently nobody gave a bugger. Old mate the Vet from Liverpool also went for Clenbuterol and again nobody gave a bugger. Barry went for 6 months for exactly the same thing that Luke has gone for 9 months for and once again, as far as Barry was concerned, apparently nobody really gave a bugger.
    The difference between those 3 blokes and Luke? Yep, that's right...here's where the hypocrisy runs rife.
    Those three blokes were not winning race after race after race, week after a week after week...so they were not seen as competition to anywhere near the same degree, so basically nobody cared. Luke was competition however & the outrage is duly multiplied 20 fold.
    Race clean, race fair...my arse. It's smoke and mirrors and by and large it is not about those noble aims at all.
    If it was then the supporters of those views would have thumped Bruce & the Vet & Barry just as much...which they quite clearly have not. This is big target, Tall Poppy stuff, no more, no less. Each one of those blokes, including Luke, has scored just (1) positive...but thus far only one of them has worn the full weight of public criticism.
    Make no mistake my hatred isn't at individuals as people, rather at their behaviour of cheating and doing good people out of a buck. The hatred of this is on par with all drug cheats. Some of it just gets displayed more because some are higher profile.
    Luke was/is the biggest name in the sport over the past season or two. The views displayed by this forum and the wider harness racing public are human nature VVV. Not too dissimiliar to the stewards saga and your own emotions. Remember when you were more disapointed when you heard a couple of names because you really didn't expect it from them. For different characters different emotions become evoked. You were more disapointed in one case, what is wrong with others being more angry in another case? But yes, some still is the tall poppy syndrome.

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain
    One question? The steriod used in this case stays in the system of the horse a long time? is there something that is given to hide it's presence?

If giving this to a horse without some sort of masking agent, would'nt it be like painting your horse pink and driving it naked in the race?

+ Reply to Thread