Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2yo Fillies in NSW. The saga continues.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Angry 2yo Fillies in NSW. The saga continues.

After what I've seen today, many NSW trainers & owners really need to take a long, hard look at themselves too. I've repeatedly highlighted the lack of 2yo Fillies Only racing in this State, which runs at a deplorable high 70's low 20's split...and bashed admin. & co accordingly yet when such races do come along, at good tracks for good $$$ nobody supports them? Honestly. WTF??????
    From today at Newcastle right through until next Monday at Bankstown by my count there are 17 2yo fillies that have been dropped in by their connections to race against the colts & geldings for prize money of ranging from 3k to 5k at tracks such as Newcastle, Penrith, Bathurst and Bankstown. Now there's a very nice 5.5k 2C0-2C1 Fillies Only race that has been set down for Menangle next Tuesday and currently it can only garner 2 noms???????
    Honestly fellas, where are your heads at? Trainers bang on about how tough it is for a 2yo filly because they have to race the boys etc etc and yet when a race comes up where they get to face their own sex no bastard puts their hand up? Un-&%$#ing-believable.

Senior Member Colt Lethal is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Lee Balmer
    Are you really serious? It might be Fine for all trainers in the west/south Sydney basin, but for everyone else who would like to try out their youngsters a trip to Menangle is just out of the question, for many reasons. COST might be a starter.
    Whilst the industry is beholden to those that control racing in N.S.W. and we all know WHO that is, the sport will never have any progressive ideas implemented. you can read it all here on this site, the implosion of Harness Racing.
    I don't know if any of you follow the A League, but there has recently been a revolt, whereby the owners (those that PAY) have done just that and it seems they are on the right track.

aussiebreno
    Penrith tonight, 2yo race was originally programmed 1x boys and 1x fillies race. So again not enough fillies nommed to fill that race. 3 have ended up in the final field. Don't know how many nommed all up but obviously between about 3 and 8.

Bankstown Mon night:
    Pole horse has started all 3 race at Bankstown. So travel probably an issue.
    The 4 horse...a visitor from Kilmore. Menangle Tuesday probably never on the agenda.
    The 9 horse..Riverstone? I don't my geography well enough.

Only 9 starters. so only 9 noms. Only 3 fillies nommed/starting.

To me this doesn't indicate trainers/owners aren't putting their hand up for 2yo fillies races...just that there are no 2yo fillies to fill such races.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    G'day Breno,
    That's what ticked me off though, there were in fact more than enough.
    There were no fewer than 17 x 2yo fillies that had accepted to race between Thursday (yesterday) & Monday of next week and all within a few hours drive of Menangle.
    A mate of mine made a good point to me yesterday that had to do with differentials in prizemoney on offer. I'd have thought the Fillies Only aspect of that race alone would have been enough of a draw + it being a 5.5k 2C0-2C1 vs the 3k 2R0 races... but aparently not. What am I missing here?
    No doubt that's the way some see it, they'll travel if the $ differential is big enough...however the flipside of not travelling is having to face up to the colts & geldings on equal terms. Again, what am I missing there?
    For mine one serves to cancel out the other in most instances and it makes no sense to me at all that a race like that at Menangle gets only 2 noms. Until such time as we move to centralised programming here in NSW this crap will no doubt continue unabated.
    Trainers & Owners scream about a lack of racing opportunities for 2yo fillies in this State (and I've banged on about it more than most) yet they clearly don't support 2yo Fillies Only races when they are carded. That's a shocker. Talk about running with the Fox and hunting with the Hounds.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    G'day Breno,
    That's what ticked me off though, there were in fact more than enough.
    There were no fewer than 17 x 2yo fillies that had accepted to race between Thursday (yesterday) & Monday of next week and all within a few hours drive of Menangle.
    A mate of mine made a good point to me yesterday that had to do with differentials in prizemoney on offer. I'd have thought the Fillies Only aspect of that race alone would have been enough of a draw + it being a 5.5k 2C0-2C1 vs the 3k 2R0 races... but aparently not. What am I missing here?
    No doubt that's the way some see it, they'll travel if the $ differential is big enough...however the flipside of not travelling is having to face up to the colts & geldings on equal terms. Again, what am I missing there?
    For mine one serves to cancel out the other in most instances and it makes no sense to me at all that a race like that at Menangle gets only 2 noms. Until such time as we move to centralised programming here in NSW this crap will no doubt continue unabated.
    Trainers & Owners scream about a lack of racing opportunities for 2yo fillies in this State (and I've banged on about it more than most) yet they clearly don't support 2yo Fillies Only races when they are carded. That's a shocker. Talk about running with the Fox and hunting with the Hounds.
    I havent looked at it Jamie but you may want to check the trainers status of some of the fillies you are talking about...the reasons may be a combination of distance and work commitiments for some of the trainers.
    Cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    No doubt there are a multitude of reasons for trainers nominating where they have and many have already been mentioned. But as you don't train Jamie here is one I doubt you have considered. I haven't looked at any of the fields so I'm not casting aspertions on the ability of any of the fillies involved but many young and/or inexperienced horses need to be treated as young children are these days in many sports, not only do they need to be matched with children of similar ability but they need the playing field cut down in size until they gain confidence in the game.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Of course, excuses excuses excuses. As you don't train? Jesus wept. Dot, in your effort to give me a pay there you've once again you've gone zoooooooooooming on by the point & shot off on a nice old tangent to boot. The point of this and previous threads to the same effect, the fact of the matter is....that if the Trainers do not support these 2yo Fillies Only races when carded then in the future they will not be programmed and in the future they will not be programmed because, that's right...you guessed it, Trainers do not support them. Is it really that difficult a concept for you to grasp? As for the rest of that, it's a 2C0-2C1 for crying out loud. That's hardly what anyone could call dropping a baby into the deep end of the pool.

Senior Member Colt Lethal is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Lee Balmer
    Wow!
    Where are all these owners willing to pay floating fees of up to $150 and other costs, just to race against (most probably) the best young fillies in NSW. and most probably not be able to be on course to watch them race?.
    It really is all about the ability to place your horse where it is best suited, not just to supply numbers for the TAB or HRNSW and to consider the ownership that an R0 win at places like Muswellbrook will have for that owner and his BABY.
    This will not happen winning a race anywhere, especially with 2 year olds, except at home.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Not quite. There were only 2 noms for a 2C0-2C1 Fillies Only event Lee. That's hardly a swathe of the best young fillies in NSW. Trainers and Owners can't have their cake and eat it too. They quite rightly moan when these races aren't carded and yet when they are... they don't nominate????.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

I rest my case!

A 15k NSW Breeders Challenge 2yo Fillies Only race that's carded for Tamworth got only 4 nominations.
    So what's the excuse for that Dot? Dan?
    For mine, that's just apathy, nothing more, nothing less. A shocker. They can't be helped.

+ Reply to Thread